Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DroneZone has no option for me to edit device (update RID)

davedvf33

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has run into this. I confirmed that my Evo Lite plus is RID compliant and I want to update this device on FAA DroneZone. When I log into DroneZone where my device is listed , the 3 dots (action options) for my device only offers two options: I can either view the Details of my device or I can Cancel. There is no option to EDIT and thus I cannot update my RID compliance status? Wondering if anyone else has run into this or has a suggestion?

Thanks

This is a government operation. Their systems lack the ability to do those edits. My plan is to just add a new device with the serial number that is RID compliant and be done

Reactions: davedvf33
This appears to be a chance since I too recall when you were able to edit an existing drone in your inventory. I suspect they have blocked this because I used that method to renew my registration for another several years without adding anything RID and as a result, I don't have to revisit the website for many years even after RID becomes available. If you try today, you cannot renew your registration without providing the proper RID details. EDIT is a function for part 107 only. Here are the instructions for the recreational flyer which basically means you have to add new equipment and then delete the old entry.

Recreational Flyers Registration​

Recreational flyers will need to add each Standard Remote ID drone and/or the Remote ID broadcast module to their inventory, then if applicable, remove the non-Standard Remote ID drone(s) that it replaces.

• Click on the button labeled “Launch Drone Owners and Pilots Dashboard”
    • Be sure you are on the Recreational Flyer Dashboard
  • Click on “Manage Device Inventory”
    • Click on “Add Device”
    • Answer the Remote ID question “Yes”
    • Choose the device type from the drop down menu (Remote ID broadcast module or Standard Remote ID drone):
      • If using one broadcast module on multiple non-Standard Remote ID drones, select broadcast module for each and input the particular drone(s) make/model while using the same Remote ID serial number from the module in the following step.
    • Enter the Remote ID serial number (NOTE: this number may be on either the device or the controller)
    • Click on “Add Device”
  • Return to “Your Inventory”
  • If you’d like to cancel the previously registered non-Standard Remote ID drone
    • While in your inventory, click on the three vertical dots associated with the drone under the “Actions” column and select “Cancel” from the drop down menu
    • Note: a canceled device will remain in your inventory as “cancelled”

This appears to be a chance since I too recall when you were able to edit an existing drone in your inventory. I suspect they have blocked this because I used that method to renew my registration for another several years without adding anything RID and as a result, I don't have to revisit the website for many years even after RID becomes available. If you try today, you cannot renew your registration without providing the proper RID details. EDIT is a function for part 107 only. Here are the instructions for the recreational flyer which basically means you have to add new equipment and then delete the old entry.

Recreational flyers will need to add each Standard Remote ID drone and/or the Remote ID broadcast module to their inventory, then if applicable, remove the non-Standard Remote ID drone(s) that it replaces.

• Click on “Add Device”
    • Choose the device type from the drop down menu (Remote ID broadcast module or Standard Remote ID drone):
      • If using one broadcast module on multiple non-Standard Remote ID drones, select broadcast module for each and input the particular drone(s) make/model while using the same Remote ID serial number from the module in the following step.
    • Enter the Remote ID serial number (NOTE: this number may be on either the device or the controller)
    • Click on “Add Device”
  • If you’d like to cancel the previously registered non-Standard Remote ID drone
    • While in your inventory, click on the three vertical dots associated with the drone under the “Actions” column and select “Cancel” from the drop down menu
Very good. Thank You

• Click on “Add Device”
    • Click on “Add Device”
Thank You

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I'll add that when I went to update RID for my Evo2's, Since I only have 1 module that I can move around, the FAA told me to delete all the airframes and only track the RID serials. After some discussion with several folks I know in the FAA, they agreed (note I didn't say confirmed) that this is more or less a feel good system that has little purpose in the real world.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
This works as of this morning (and past couple of weeks):

1. Go to your aircraft
2. select Edit

if removing module:
3. tick circle NO for DOES YOUR DRONE BROADCAST FAA REMOTE ID INFORMATION?*
4. select device type: traditional UAS
5. Insert your aircraft SN (Not your FAA #)
6. Click Save
7. Refresh page/site

if adding module (note module cant be assigned elsewhere)
3. tick circle Yes for DOES YOUR DRONE BROADCAST FAA REMOTE ID INFORMATION?*
4. Select UAS Type: REMOTE ID Broadcast Module
5. enter RID module SN#
6. Click Save
7. Refresh page/site

Note, if you are not seeing things after you update, refresh page/site.
Also note that if you click on option to print new reg card, it will show SN# of RID module not SN# of the aircraft (for broadcast module).

If RID deadline is delays, wonder if any of this remains intact or required? FAA probably won't touch the database and just allow it to languish.

If RID deadline is delays, wonder if any of this remains intact or required? FAA probably won't touch the database and just allow it to languish.
Will have to see what happens next week.
In the meantime I have a DroneBeach db120 for my EVO II so non issue.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo