Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Charging the Remote Controller

John Lee

Reaction score
New Evo 2 Pro owner, please forgive me if this has been answered before or seems stupid, but which cable do you use to charge the controller? None of the cables that are in the case seem to fit. Thought I would ask before I broke it without even getting it in the air.

Thanks,
John

OK, I will check it out, what was throwing me off is that the socket on the controller is square, the USB ends are angled.

OK, I will check it out, what was throwing me off is that the socket on the controller is square, the USB ends are angled.
Be very careful. Both Autel and DJI use the rectangular USB port. Look carefully at how it's keyed and carefully insert your USB cable. Whatever you do, you should not force anything.

?
we told the new kids; "If it don't fit, force it, if it breaks, it was bad to begin with" ;)
I remember someone on mavicpilots suggesting (with diagrams) to pull the joysticks down towards the middle for return to home (or something like that). It would work flawlessly if you were directly above home point, but the landing would be exceptionally hard. Needless to say, don't do this either.

It's odd as to why DJI and Autel use micro USB A ports for their legacy remotes (virtually nothing implements it and cables with the end are not readily available); it's just inviting trouble; many have destroyed their ports forcing in a cable and visited the forum for advice on how to repair. USB-C is much smarter.

Call Autel - as I did ( I went crazy trying to find the rectangular USB micro - if you arent sure - but the USB micro and yes it is shaped slightly different is what Autel Alejandro and Brady told me to use. I called twice and spoke to different people as it didn't seem correct but it is. Just make sure it right side up and go in gently do not force. I do this with both my 6K and 8K. No issues whatsoever.

when you get to a certain age (eyesight) even the paint dabs aren't sufficient so I've
resorted to using a glue gun, nail polish...even a soldering iron to incorporate a tactile
method of IDing orientation or position. it's not just a crude Braille system but it
helps greatly when I'm in the dark and opt not to hunt for a light (or ruin night vision).

Reactions: PingSpike
Go to Dollar Tree and get one for $1
I use this cable as I do not wand to use the Remote charging socket for Cell phone.
This way when I am charging the Remote the Cell gets charged at the same time and remains connected to cell !
Autel did not think of providing this cable, they were far too busy getting drunk at the bar.
The USB 2 cable connects to the Remote and the other end to the cell.

Attachments

• 20210510_101905.jpg
    20210510_101905.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
I am using the Lifthor Mjolnir which was causing an issue also. The hole in the aluminum frame was too small to allow the protective flap to completely open, preventing the chage plug from easily being connected.

I took it to a local machine shop and they did this for me, a lot easier access.20210604_171227.jpg20210604_171200.jpg

Reactions: rwm01 and UasDriver
New Evo 2 Pro owner, please forgive me if this has been answered before or seems stupid, but which cable do you use to charge the controller? None of the cables that are in the case seem to fit. Thought I would ask before I broke it without even getting it in the air.

Thanks,
John
use the usb to micro-usb cable - if there is not one they are cheap on amazon
most android charging cables are this type of cable.

I am using the Lifthor Mjolnir which was causing an issue also. The hole in the aluminum frame was too small to allow the protective flap to completely open, preventing the chage plug from easily being connected.

I took it to a local machine shop and they did this for me, a lot easier access.View attachment 10634View attachment 10635
I agree and have the same issue. I used short extension cables so I could connect to the extension cable instead of getting that rubber flap out of the way each time. I can send a photo if you want.

I took it to a local machine shop and they did this for me, a lot easier access.View attachment 10634View attachment 10635
oh nice then i may do the same with mine also.

I removed the rubber dust cover completely.

My controller is kept in a case, it can't get dust in the bottom ports. I didn't see much point in leaving it attached ?‍♂️

Reactions: DaveMH
Hello all new as well Just for the evo 2 pro and it did not have the proper usb to ? Mini usb a to charge the controller!!!! Really love the bird and now have to spend 40 Bucks to get what should of been in BOX!!!
I hope this make someones attention in autel but doubt it. Will call them

Otherwise first flight ever out of box and completely a thrill. I’m hooked at 50 .
Hated them. Loud and annoying. But his has changed my mind.
Please autel fix these small
Problems. GooseGoslin

Attachments

• D724812D-CCA0-4246-9F2B-A98A02EE7B8D.jpeg
    D724812D-CCA0-4246-9F2B-A98A02EE7B8D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member