Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can't update to firmware v1.5.8

ambitiouschris

Reaction score
Just turned on my drone after a few months of not using it. Tried running the update to v1.5.8
It downloads it, sends it to the drone, then about 96-98% on the controller on updating, says "failed to update" "will force next time"

Tried 3 times, fully charged batteries.
any ideas?

If you are using the latest Explorer app (v1.3.0 for Android or 1.3.15 for iOS) it will say that you need a firmware update, even when you don't. You are correct, the latest firmware is 1.5.8, but it has been out since December. If you already had it installed, it will fail to reinstall.

If you are using the latest Explorer app (v1.3.0 for Android or 1.3.15 for iOS) it will say that you need a firmware update, even when you don't. You are correct, the latest firmware is 1.5.8, but it has been out since December. If you already had it installed, it will fail to reinstall.
@Ansia I was getting some gimbal jitter after installing 1.5.8 a few months ago. (which is weird as that is one of the fixes that was supposed to be in the update) Looked at some video I shot prior to the initial update and no jitter. The last 2 time I flew/shot was getting intermittent jitter including yesterday.
Did a new update via SD card of a newly downloaded 1.5.8 version, rather than the one from a few moths ago, from Autel's site. It took the update just fine. Reset the camera and calibrated the gimbal. Waiting for the wind to die down and see if it did the trick. If that doesn't do it might be back to the damper solution but it wasn't jello but....jitter. Goofy EVO! Still digging this drone 1 1/2 years in.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmccaskill4wildlife