Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Cannot use mission planning while disconnected

BirdDog

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

has anyone run across this? i have been trying to create a flight plan using waypoints or rectangular.....and i have watched all the videos on youtube that show it can be created while offline/disconnected. But it will not find me on the map even though i have internet connection. it doesn't allow me the option to create a new flight plan... just wondering if anyone has run into this... thanks

Andy

Sorry about that... EVO. I just figured it out in case anyone else has the same issue... your location GPS has to be turned on on your phone. Usually a site can determine an approximate location based on Internet link, but for the App, you need to have location turned on. Hope this helps if anyone runs into the same issue.

Hello everyone,

has anyone run across this? i have been trying to create a flight plan using waypoints or rectangular.....and i have watched all the videos on youtube that show it can be created while offline/disconnected. But it will not find me on the map even though i have internet connection. it doesn't allow me the option to create a new flight plan... just wondering if anyone has run into this... thanks

Andy
I find the mission planner to be quite cumbersome. It's ok if you're going out to conduct a quick and dirty mission, but it misses the mark for precision work. I really want a desktop app you can build missions in and then import into the mobile app. This last mission in the solar fields really made the point. I have 5 batteries and 25 acres ate all 5 of them. I literally just finished the mission when the low battery return to home feature kicked in. 11mph with 90% overlap, 25 acres in 2.5 hours. I built the missions the night before and only altered them slightly on site. A desktop app probably would have bought me an extra 5-10 minutes. Curious if anyone else would want the same thing?

I would like to see a faster transition at waypoints and an altitude gradation between points. I think though that there is a thread that states that Autel is not working on further improvements to waypoints.

I would like to see a faster transition at waypoints and an altitude gradation between points. I think though that there is a thread that states that Autel is not working on further improvements to waypoints.

Me too. You know, you're right. It does take a ridiculously long time to transition at waypoints. And since it's sitting there in an out of ground effect hover without the benefit of effective translational lift, it requires more power to stay in the air and literally just eats up extra battery life for no real apparent reason. That's a real good point. I'm gonna be visiting them guys, soon. I'll bring it up. And I'll try to get some pics when I'm up in WA. Too bad we can't get into the CES event in Vegas...?

Reactions: 904_Pilot

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791