Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can anyone provide me with close up pictures of the Gimbal?

Puppies 59

Reaction score
I posted yesterday about my unfortunate first flight with my evo lite plus, the camera works fine and moves up and down no problem.

You'll see from the attached pictures that the rubber dampers seem to be missing, and I'd like to see what it should look like!

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• 199DBC20-01CB-4A31-B8AC-26CE72FAA056.jpeg
    199DBC20-01CB-4A31-B8AC-26CE72FAA056.jpeg
    681.7 KB · Views: 33
  • EF014754-AFE3-4C8E-821B-FB0FF2A0D443.jpeg
    EF014754-AFE3-4C8E-821B-FB0FF2A0D443.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 32
They are identical to the front ones.

Attachments

• 02FF7CE0-BADE-4AAD-8B7B-FEF086422B55.jpg
    02FF7CE0-BADE-4AAD-8B7B-FEF086422B55.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 25
They are identical to the front ones.
Thanks for that. So the rear one's have disappeared. The front one's are still there but one of them is either broken or detached, the other one is still in place!

The next question is does Autel have repair facilities in the UK, or will it have to be shipped to China?

Cheers

Thanks for that. So the rear one's have disappeared. The front one's are still there but one of them is either broken or detached, the other one is still in place!

The next question is does Autel have repair facilities in the UK, or will it have to be shipped to China?

Cheers
Some pictures of the front.

Attachments

• 1C34D6C7-B88A-4803-BAED-69FFE6227752.jpeg
    1C34D6C7-B88A-4803-BAED-69FFE6227752.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 83E711C5-99FC-4C98-9F74-3FE3CA00EC12.jpeg
    83E711C5-99FC-4C98-9F74-3FE3CA00EC12.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • C52C3109-6CE8-4817-8086-47410003A73A.jpeg
    C52C3109-6CE8-4817-8086-47410003A73A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Your right damper was installed in wrong direction so it actually doesn't provide the suspension with chassis, look at the left one and you will understand.

It seems the factory, if not whole company, is slack.

Your right damper was installed in wrong direction so it actually doesn't provide the suspension with chassis, look at the left one and you will understand.

It seems the factory, if not whole company, is slack.
I thought it looked odd, I was thinking how could that happen in a crash 🤔

IIRC, I've been reading that people have been having problems with Gimbal tilt and horizon tilt 🤔
If the dampers have been fitted incorrectly as with my drone, could this be the problem?

I know (lol).

I thought the same last week when I crashed mine and found the right damper to be floating in wrong direction.
I went to the dealer took off the gimbal assembly and fixed it for me.

The EVO II Pro 6k has same damper, if you can find the parts.

I know (lol).

I thought the same last week when I crashed mine and found the right damper to be floating in wrong direction.
I went to the dealer took off the gimbal assembly and fixed it for me.

The EVO II Pro 6k has same damper, if you can find the parts.
I don't know if you have read my other post, but I only got the drone on Thursday, and it crashed about 90m from my house 🙄. Can I ask what dealer did you buy from, what caused the crash, were you experienceing problems with Gimbal tilt and what were their thoughts on why the damper was fitted incorrectly?

Cheers

I don't know if you have read my other post, but I only got the drone on Thursday, and it crashed about 90m from my house 🙄. Can I ask what dealer did you buy from, what caused the crash, were you experienceing problems with Gimbal tilt and what were their thoughts on why the damper was fitted incorrectly?

Cheers
I am in Taipei, the dealer is only a few miles from my home.

Yes I read the other post about your crash.

I crashed into a tree on the side, knew it was there but forgot it later.
I don have gimbal tilt with Lite+. (did have it on my ex-M2P)

The damper misplacement happens to Nano too. I can only guess the operators were not well trained and QC was not really there.

The damper misplacement happens to Nano too. I can only guess the operators were not well trained and QC was not really there.

That's handy 👍
How come your obstacle avoidance didn't stop you from crashing? (As I'm wondering the same thing in my case)?

Lite+ has no side sensor.
I was aware of the tree but then was too concentrated on circling around the subject....

Right after the crash there was a heavy rain...it was a small adventure rescuing the drone...the bright orange color stood out so well.

The drone isn't water proof but everthing works fine after I let it dry for hours.

Lite+ has no side sensor.
I was aware of the tree but then was too concentrated on circling around the subject....

Right after the crash there was a heavy rain...it was a small adventure rescuing the drone...the bright orange color stood out so well.

The drone isn't water proof but everthing works fine after I let it dry for hours.
I had a bit of adventure too 😂

• Wow
Reactions: AutelPilot
I have the same problem after a crash in to a tree (Drone lost control because of power lines, no response to controller and lack of side sensors).

The left back damper got lost and the right back damper got detached aswell.
Got it ensured so they will fix it, but this insurance company takes ages to get ready its been alomst 2 weeks now and they cant even tell me where i should send the drone for repair yet.

The question is, will the drone still fly if the two dampers on the back are missing? Will it still fly straight if the camera is slightly aimed to the right because of that?
Would you risk flying it? There is a once a year event this weekend, it sucks that i have to miss this now! I feel kind of stupid sending the drone back only because of these two little rubber dampers at the back, i could easy fix it on my own if i could get access to some spare parts of these dampers, but dont think they are aveilable to buy as single parts..?
I searched the crash site right after the crash but could not find that little damper :(

What would you do? To complete the planned mission, i must fly it about 100m over a lake and hover around for about 20 min, will it still be save to fly or rather not risk drowning it? Personally i would love to still fly because it still flies, but i dont feel safe anymore because of the missing parts, and if i now completey loose the drone im not sure if the insurance would be easy to explain to. So most likely i will have to wait and miss that huge event... :(

Last edited:
I posted yesterday about my unfortunate first flight with my evo lite plus, the camera works fine and moves up and down no problem.

You'll see from the attached pictures that the rubber dampers seem to be missing, and I'd like to see what it should look like!

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
I feel you man! This sucks... Such a tiny little part wich would so easily be replacable. What did you do to fix it, did you get it back until now? Hopefully 😟

I feel you man! This sucks... Such a tiny little part wich would so easily be replacable. What did you do to fix it, did you get it back until now? Hopefully 😟
Autel replaced the drone free of charge. They never got back to me to let me know the cause of the crash after I sent them the flight log 🤷‍♂️, the new drone has been faultless so far 🤞

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain