Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can’t use manual aperture settings during flight

Scruffy

Reaction score
Hello.... I don’t know why but once I am in the air with my Evo II pro, I cannot access the manual settings along the bottom of the screen.... any ideas?

Hello.... I don’t know why but once I am in the air with my Evo II pro, I cannot access the manual settings along the bottom of the screen.... any ideas?

Have you tried pushing the scroll wheel on the right side of the remote? If you push the scroll wheel it is supposed to bring up the camera menu and highlight one of the settings. If you scroll the wheel it will then move to a different setting. With that being said, I can also still use the touch screen to change the settings as well but I have found it a bit less responsive when it is in flight.

Also, are you using an Android or Apple device? I use an iPad mini, its possible the device you are using is causing it.

Reactions: robertmarcos
Hi and thank you very much for the quick reply... yes I know about pressing the scroll wheel which I do when on the ground prior to flight when I go over my settings, but that does not seem to work when I am in the air.... I will do more testing and I appreciate your insight..... I don’t think I tried to manually touch the screen to call up the settings..... my EVO II pro Is new to me and have only had about 5 flights.... using an ipad mini.... thanks again from Ron (aka ’Scruffy’)

Hi and thank you very much for the quick reply... yes I know about pressing the scroll wheel which I do when on the ground prior to flight when I go over my settings, but that does not seem to work when I am in the air.... I will do more testing and I appreciate your insight..... I don’t think I tried to manually touch the screen to call up the settings..... my EVO II pro Is new to me and have only had about 5 flights.... using an ipad mini.... thanks again from Ron (aka ’Scruffy’)

I have had weird issues with the scroll wheel as well. I have had to press it a few times in a row sometimes to get the menu to come up. I've seen this behavior with other settings too; like if you enable Ludicrous mode or turn off the navigation lights there is a delay and sometimes the setting doesn't take so you have to try it again. The general consensus is that the settings are all stored on the drone so until the drone sends back confirmation that it has received the input the setting could get stuck.

For some reason, tapping the little up arrow on the screen in the lower right corner is usually more responsive than the scroll wheel especially when it is in the air. From there you can get to all of the settings pretty quickly. I even have a glare protector on my mini and its still more responsive than the scroll wheel.

Hopefully this helps, let me know if that fixes it.

What firmware are you on? Have you updated the explorer app to the latest? Try updating the firmware using an SD card method if you have not already? Remember you will have to update multiple times if you have more than one battery. One time for each different battery. Here is a link to some help videos provided by Autel. Hope this helps.

Hello and thank you for the link to those most helpful videos. I did the upgrade a few days ago using the iPad connected to the controller. Can’t remember the number just now. I have four batteries and will see if I need more updates For each battery...... thanks again... Ron

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
I had the same problem yesterday. What it solved it for me was to change to photo mode, change the aperture and then change back to video mode. If I recall correctly I then could change the aperture in video mode as well and was not stuck with the aperture setting from the photo mode.
Hope that helps

Reactions: robertmarcos
Hi Honkihonk.... great name BTW.... thank you for the suggestion... I will definitely try that.... I appreciate your taking the time to write.... kindest regards.... Ron

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d