Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera settings reset with power cycle

CGPhoto

Reaction score
I just received my Pro 2 rugged bundle yesterday and have completed a couple of flights today. I am very happy. I did notice that the f stop of the lens is reset after each power cycle. I generally use a smaller aperture ( higher number) in bright light. I would prefer that the aircraft retain the aperture setting through power cycles as DJI aircraft do. It's a minor bug but after each power cycle the aperture gets reset to f/2.8. This important for video mostly.

I get the same thing. For me the good news is that the settings for Aperture Priority and RAW+Jpeg, -0.3 underexposed, etc are still saved. So the only thing I have to do is toggle back to f5.6 ( which I am pretty certain is near the sharpest setting for the lens). Pretty much the same in video settings if I recall. ie Log, 4k@60fps etc.

I get the same thing. For me the good news is that the settings for Aperture Priority and RAW+Jpeg, -0.3 underexposed, etc are still saved. So the only thing I have to do is toggle back to f5.6 ( which I am pretty certain is near the sharpest setting for the lens). Pretty much the same in video settings if I recall. ie Log, 4k@60fps etc.

What testing have you done or seen to conclude that f5.6 is the sharpest?

None. But, far and away most variable aperture lenses are sharpest at two f-stops up from wide open. Tests of the Mavic 2 Pro Hasselblad were, which means nothing for the EVO ll Pro, but aside from specialty lenses is widely true. And NOT knowing, on an f2.8 lens, 5.6 is an excellent place to start.

Last edited:
I just went up and flew over a park we have near by. It's so nice to be able to just get clearance via LAANC and fly. The DJI's require permission from China to fly and that system is full of problems. Sometimes even after trying many times, I simply can't fly even though I am legal to fly.

I stayed in one spot and took shots at most every aperture from 2.8 to 11. f5 & f5.6 were the sharpest. f/2.8 was slightly softer and f/11 was much softer.

I turned up both the contrast and sharping in Lightroom to better estimate sharpness.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials