Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Quality is poor

rickdean

Reaction score
Hello all. Coming from a Q5004k with years of experience. Really thought the EVO camera would be better. My .jpg files are blurry look like 640x480 thumbnails. 4k video quality is also soft. Is there a camera/lens calibration? My vendor said to call Autel Tech support which I will. MAX_0006.JPG

Check the settings, make sure it's the correct one

Settings? Correct one? I've tried auto, Manual, ND filters etc. Been messing with cameras since 1968 so hope I'm not missing the obvious. Getting ready to call EVO tech support this morning when they open.

Below is a video from my Q5004k at 24fps. Looks pretty good compared to my EVO. Comments appreciated. Rick from Kansas

Last edited:
From what I see on your photo, everything seems in order. All the EXIF data is in place with the corrrect parameters. You can try unscrewing your lens and clean the inside?
1566227953227.png

I see you were in manual mode and changed your EV to be soft. Here is a comparison of your photo vs one of mine (all in auto).
1566228234490.png

Here is the photo from my settings.
MAX_0015.JPG

I specially loved your altitude. This is suppose to be given in meters and not feet. Even if it were in feet, I know you weren't at 310' when that photo was taken.
1566228325894.png

Hey thanks for the quick response. Really like your photo....nice and crisp like it should be. You mention "EV soft"...what does that mean? I'll stay with Auto today and see how that goes.

16x9 photos....I see on Page 10 of the manual it mentions 16x9 jpg format. Is that accessed within the phone app only?

Thanks ,
Rick

Reactions: Ansia
You can play with EV here. Just play with it, until you get the results you want.
Screenshot_20190819-115116_Autel Explorer.jpg

When you choose a resolution, you choose the aspect ratio there. For a 16:9 one choose 3840x2160.

Reactions: macoman
Hello all. Coming from a Q5004k with years of experience. Really thought the EVO camera would be better. My .jpg files are blurry look like 640x480 thumbnails. 4k video quality is also soft. Is there a camera/lens calibration? My vendor said to call Autel Tech support which I will. View attachment 4969
If you are asking me, the camera you got has a bad lens and Autel will probably replace it for you.

A few adjustments will help the problem but still you should get the camera checked out. Here is an edited copy of your photo.MAX_0006.jpg

Be mindful that if you take the Evo outside from an A/C environment, the lens will fog up, also behind any installed filter. I have to remember to give it time to acclimate.

Reactions: hscrugby
Be mindful that if you take the Evo outside from an A/C environment, the lens will fog up, also behind any installed filter. I have to remember to give it time to acclimate.
You are right on, been there done that.
The other day I thought my phone screen was distorted but after a few minutes it cleared up.
Down here in LA, (Lower Arkansas) where the humidity is about 100 and the temp is 100 gives a chill factor of 115. That will do it every time.
butch

Reactions: railrode1
In humidity this is critical. The screen on the controller seems to be a great barometer for this. Once the fog on my controller screen is gone, I know the drone is good. Stupid southern humidity.

In humidity this is critical. The screen on the controller seems to be a great barometer for this. Once the fog on my controller screen is gone, I know the drone is good. Stupid southern humidity.
I know all about Ark. humidity too...hope you get your lens fixed soon.....Go Hogs

Southern humidity? Is that any different than northern humidity? We can cut it with a butter knife (actually a cheese knife) in Wisconsin in the summer......

Nope. But as a fat man an average 76% humidity at 89 degrees here in Raleigh is a lot worse than 71% at 82 you guys have. But both make you like AC. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Nope. But as a fat man an average 76% humidity at 89 degrees here in Raleigh is a lot worse than 71% at 82 you guys have. But both make you like AC. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
try 81% at 95 degrees all year round. Tropics lifestyle.

Put your EV to '0'.
Also looks like your Sharpness setting is set to "Soft"
Annotation 2019-09-02 111845.jpg

TEST WEB.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials