Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Buy dji, not autel. Support is non existant

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveglow

Reaction score
Drone flew away. Logs clearly show 4 return to.home calls that we're ignored. Support refused to honor warranty. Go with DJI. They don't screw customers over.

Pm me for details

David

I even emailed the CEO and I just get a run around. I'm done with Autel.

I would recommend you have us intervene to ensure things are addressed properly and the correct representatives in Autel's office have their hands on the case. We are more than happy to assist you with this whether the system was purchased through Advexure or not. PM us here on the forum.

Autel works through hundreds of tickets, messages, calls and chats a day, it would be good to ensure they get a second look at your case.

all manufactuers are a mess these days. dont take it personal. everything is falling apart

Reactions: 907yak
Drone flew away. Logs clearly show 4 return to.home calls that we're ignored.

Yeah, it happens. Manual clearly states that the drone switches to atti mode when it loses connection to satellites. That's why you're supposed to stay in los. It's the same for DJI drones btw.

Love these drive by posts....
Yeah, I love when my drone is over head and flies away (opposite direction so don't suggest the home point got updated). Tried return to home 3 or 4 times and it just kept going and going.
VERY experienced drone pilot (DJI). Also an airplane pilot and advanced paraglider pilot, so I think I can vent with a drive by post when I feel like it.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Are you saying you had ZERO control of the drone and couldn't fly it manually back to you? Short on details kills your post and looks like a rant.

Well lets just calm down about the post and how the OP has given details. I know I would be beside myself if my new 2000 dollar drone just decided to make a run for the border and not get any helpful response from Autel. Perhaps after he calms down he might give us more details. Until then just put yourself in his shoes.

Augustine are you directing the comment above at me? Let me know.

I am completely calm but have seen loads of post that say buy this, or buy that, support is this or that.

If I lost my drone and posted on a forum, I would give details and post the logs so people who want to help can try to help.
That is the reasonable thing to do is it not? That has not been done, so it looks like a drive by hit to stir up trouble.

Reactions: Junior
I'm not pointing anything to anyone. He posted his problem, not all details for everyones liking. Ask him a question but don't make it seem like he is spamming the forum or ranting about something until we know more. Reading your posts to the OP I get the impression you don't believe him. Not our call to judge until we get more info. Sorry but relax on the guy .

Reactions: Drgnfli and JamesD
Fly aways can happen with any brand. I've had a few phantoms try to run away from me. I know I'm ugly, but I can't be THAT ugly, can I? I haven't had any fly aways with my Evo, but I had 1 battery damage as I was taking off. Watching your drone go up into the sky, while indicating RTH, is a very scary thing. Strangely enough, as it started going down, it stopped at the 10' height and just hovered there. Wouldn't respond to any of my commands. I had to grab a ladder and flip it over to get it home. Usually when you put the hand underneath, the drone raises when it senses you. It didn't this time.

Anyways, back to the main topic. I would like as much detail as possible and if possible a video of the flight log @daveglow. I'm not doubting you at all, since I know these things happen. I am just curious what were your circumstances and to see if we can pinpoint where it went wrong, so other pilots can learn from your experience.

advexure offered to intervene. He's a reseller and should be able to help. Did you take that offer up? If not I have my reservations on the whole thread. Saying to buy DJI rather than Autel because of support? Tried trusted and true. Autel has out performed DJI in that case. Maybe not in yours but you were offered help by a reseller.

Fly aways can happen with any brand. I've had a few phantoms try to run away from me. I know I'm ugly, but I can't be THAT ugly, can I? I haven't had any fly aways with my Evo, but I had 1 battery damage as I was taking off. Watching your drone go up into the sky, while indicating RTH, is a very scary thing. Strangely enough, as it started going down, it stopped at the 10' height and just hovered there. Wouldn't respond to any of my commands. I had to grab a ladder and flip it over to get it home. Usually when you put the hand underneath, the drone raises when it senses you. It didn't this time.

Anyways, back to the main topic. I would like as much detail as possible and if possible a video of the flight log @daveglow. I'm not doubting you at all, since I know these things happen. I am just curious what were your circumstances and to see if we can pinpoint where it went wrong, so other pilots can learn from your experience.
That battery damage scenario is familiar.

Most of us truly want to learn as much as we can from all flyaways. It’s happened to many of us for a variety of reasons, myself included. There’s no worse feeling than the helplessness seeing your expensive, uncontrollable drone fly away. All brands do it...
For our education, we’d really like to hear the whole story...

Reactions: waltermitty
Advexure is a real business with a very professional staff.
I’d take them up on their offer. Then never buy a drone from another dealer. You won’t be in this situation for long if you take my advice.

I’m super sorry for your loss and I understand.

you will be a important customer at Advexure.

I am not affiliated in any way to Advexure either. They earned my business in a very professional manner.

trust them this time.

p

I agree with Sky..yak in Advexure's ear and see what happens. I too am a pilot of rotor craft, but have had my share of "OH CRAPs" flying UAS's
To say this thou " Go with DJI. They don't screw customers over." Sorry but that is a line of garbage. Been there, done that and left a very bitter taste.

Thank you for the support @Sky Angels. Our team appreciates the love.

I can update everyone that one of our fleet support managers who is active on our forum account was in conversation with OP and received the case number and has that in front of Autel. We will leave it to the OP to update the thread if he/she wishes. Most importantly, the case is back in front of the necessary POCs within Autel's office so that they can further review this situation.

We are always happy to help, and as a sponsor of the forum and a dealer, we are here to be a voice and advocate for forum members, and our team is always happy to support any forum member any way we can.

Have a good weekend, all. Stay safe! :cool:

Drone flew away. Logs clearly show 4 return to.home calls that we're ignored. Support refused to honor warranty. Go with DJI. They don't screw customers over.

Pm me for details

David
My my you troll all over the place don't you Dave. You cut and paste your unsupported claims with great skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy