Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BestBuy Refurbished as New

It is not that difficult for a store like BB to get those seals to repackage returned EVO's. You can order anything from the net. I am not saying BB is behind it but I would not put it past some store managers to try and cut some corners. With the way Autel prides them selfs on customer care it would be retail suicide if they were behind it.

Wondering why Autel hasn't chimed in in any way ?

There have been many accusations of outright FRAUD stated publicly on this forum

If one of us was a rep of that company wouldn't you or i have come to the defense of Autel (if innocent + not complicit ?)

OR is it just a coincidence that purchases of Autel's products from BB have had problems ?
I think it's unlikely that any company would respond on a public forum to such charges. But hopefully @Autelguy will extract an answer from Autel and relay it here.

Keep in mind that it might not have been Autel or Best Buy. It could have easily been a return intended to look like new to bypass the restock fee. I recall there was nothing overly specific about the seal. It was not a fancy hologram type seal for security.

It is easy to blame, but without all the facts it is hard to tell.

Here in Canada BestBuy would not allow any returns on drones if the box was opened. I guess someone took them court or they just figured out how dumb that was and have since changed it. We now have 30 days but there is a restocking fee of 15% if the drone costs less then 200 bucks and the box is opened.

View attachment 3635

Interesting. However the restocking fee to my understanding, only applies if you're requesting a refund, not for exchanges. Here is their policy for exchanges on drones here in the U.S..

The manager was pushing hard for me to buy their 2 year extended warranty plan for $350. Said it would cover crashes even if it was my fault and exchanges like mine if I went over 15 days.

Yeah but that's like buying insurance. Insurance agents are your best friend until you have to file something called a claim. Then and only then you realize that you're now dealing with an insurance adjuster. His job is to find every possible way to get out of paying anything. Then there is the question of whether or not there is a deductible. Arg!!

Last edited:
Interesting. However the restocking fee to my understanding, only applies if you're requesting a refund, not for exchanges. Here is their policy for exchanges on drones here in the U.S..

The manager was pushing hard for me to buy their 2 year extended warranty plan for $350. Said it would cover crashes even if it was my fault and exchanges like mine if I went over 15 days.

Yeah but that's like buying insurance. Insurance agents are your best friend until you have to file something called a claim. Then and only then you realize that you're now dealing with an insurance adjuster. His job is to find every possible way to get out of paying anything. Then there is the question of whether or not there is a deductible. Arg!!
I didn't get the extended wsrranty, but they said drone for drone as long as you bring back a full drone.

I just got off the phone with both BestBuy Corp and a store manager. I asked them a simple straight forward question....

Would they ever take a returned product, put it into a new box and attach a new tamper seal?

They said "No. Never in a million years. That's not our policy nor would we have any new boxes or seals. We would either return the item to the vendor or destroy based on the SLA."

Sorry this was bugging me especially since it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. I just had to get to the bottom of it. I also left a VM for the manager who helped me to see if he'll forward the photos he took with his cell phone of the used Evo. If he sends them, I'll post them here.

Reactions: Ansia
I just got off the phone with both BestBuy Corp and a store manager. I asked them a simple straight forward question....

Would they ever take a returned product, put it into a new box and attach a new tamper seal?

They said "No. Never in a million years. That's not our policy nor would we have any new boxes or seals. We would either return the item to the vendor or destroy based on the SLA."

Sorry this was bugging me especially since it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. I just had to get to the bottom of it. I also left a VM for the manager who helped me to see if he'll forward the photos he took with his cell phone of the used Evo. If he sends them, I'll post them here.

sorry to be such a pessimist...BUT

Why would they admit to be openly Fraudulent ?

Maybe it is a coincidence + that these are not isolated incidents re Best Buy

I am about to Fed ex my Evo + Controller back to Autel...all packed and ready to go

They were good to deal with on the phone and i hope that when i get it back i can put it all behind me and Fly without concern

Fingers crossed...

sorry to be such a pessimist...BUT

Why would they admit to be openly Fraudulent ?

Maybe it is a coincidence + that these are not isolated incidents re Best Buy

I am about to Fed ex my Evo + Controller back to Autel...all packed and ready to go

They were good to deal with on the phone and i hope that when i get it back i can put it all behind me and Fly without concern

Fingers crossed...

I'm sure Autel will take care of you. From what I've experienced, their customer service is exceptional. Often things like these are due to the left hand not communicating with the right. I doubt very much any of this is intentional but it does warrant attention. Other than Autel Robotics marketing, I have nothing but good to say.

A perfect example of left hand not talking to the right is the issue of a gimbal cover not being placed properly on a product. That's the fault of some under paid employee working in a Chinese factory. Beep happens, but to know of beep and not do anything about it, well that's another matter.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Autel will do the right thing when it comes to your return.

3rd time is a charm!!!

I just got done taking my 3rd Evo for a maiden flight and WOW!!

No horizon tilt.
Beautiful footage.
No gimbal or camera shake

On both prior Evos, the sky seems to be blown out or under exposed. Everything Auto on this new Evo and the colors look amazing. Prior the last two Evos seem to glitch when correcting exposure Automatically.

Now this is how a good drone should be. Yaaaaeee!!!

Reactions: macoman and YuKay
3rd time is a charm!!!

I just got done taking my 3rd Evo for a maiden flight and WOW!!

No horizon tilt.
Beautiful footage.
No gimbal or camera shake

On both prior Evos, the sky seems to be blown out or under exposed. Everything Auto on this new Evo and the colors look amazing. Prior the last two Evos seem to glitch when correcting exposure Automatically.

Now this is how a good drone should be. Yaaaaeee!!!

I am going to contact Autel support. My Evo sometimes work fine and sometimes I got the horizon titled or sometimes I got the glitch correcting exposure in the background in manual mode.

Thanks

I have faith that they will make it right for me

I still feel ahead of the game with the BB deal with 3 batteries and well made carrying cases that came along with the bundle

Just got back from (FREE Back and forth) Fed ex deal

I am going to contact Autel support. My Evo sometimes work fine and sometimes I got the horizon titled or sometimes I got the glitch correcting exposure in the background in manual mode.

I found that locking the AE really does help. I also purchased these ND/PL filters and they're amazing. They also fit with the gimbal cover.

My only wish is that it would have included an ND32/PL

Reactions: macoman
Here is what I don't understand about this..."used Evo in sealed box event". Ok, so you buy something and open the box and it is used, or appears used. Take it immediately back to the store and get another...I don't understand the issue about doing that, but of course do understand the issue about selling a used product as new. Please enlighten me on why you would not just go to the store and exchange or get a full refund?? Unless the store doesn't exchange? It could very well be that a previous customer bought the Evo...opened the box very carefully, knowing that they may return it...used the Evo and sealed the box back up and returned it for full refund, as unopened. This happens a lot. If this is the case BB wouldn't have a clue that it was done, until the box is then opened by another customer, as in your case.

Here is what I don't understand about this..."used Evo in sealed box event". Ok, so you buy something and open the box and it is used, or appears used. Take it immediately back to the store and get another...I don't understand the issue about doing that, but of course do understand the issue about selling a used product as new. Please enlighten me on why you would not just go to the store and exchange or get a full refund?? Unless the store doesn't exchange? It could very well be that a previous customer bought the Evo...opened the box very carefully, knowing that they may return it...used the Evo and sealed the box back up and returned it for full refund, as unopened. This happens a lot. If this is the case BB wouldn't have a clue that it was done, until the box is then opened by another customer, as in your case.
In my case, the drone works just fine... I think it's more laziness and the thoughts that perhaps they will exchange it for something worse. Just like the way DJI used to do. I still have 10 months of the standard warranty of replacement in case the drone stopped working.

I forgot about any "restocking fee" that may be charged for returns. We don't have that here in Hawaii. The State made it illegal to charge a restocking fee for returns.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Anything under 200 bucks here in Canada gets 15% restocking fees from BestBuy which is better then before. It used to be anything opened that was a drone was non returnable period.

I have mentioned several times while bitching about all of this that the controller does work...ONLY for Going UP/Down + sideways

NO other functions

NO Return to home

None of the BUTTON functions

hold to take off and land etc.

none other than what i have noted

Martin

I replied in another of your posts.

Were you starting the motors before trying to use the take off button?

Were you trying to use RTH when the Evo was fairly close to Home Point?

I found that locking the AE really does help. I also purchased these ND/PL filters and they're amazing. They also fit with the gimbal cover.

My only wish is that it would have included an ND32/PL
try these:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy