Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BestBuy Refurbished as New

wooosh

That is the sound i heard when i read your comment..."There's a reason why Best Buy is known as Amazon's showroom". ..

did NOT Get IT (as it often happens)

Please explain

Thanks

People go to BestBuy to see things in person, handle, feel, demo etc, then purchase from Amazon for the customer service/convenience.
Indeed! 30 days no questions asked return policy, even on drones, with no 15% restocking fees! Might even avoid sales tax, too, if item is Prime and fulfilled by Amazon.

People go to BestBuy to see things in person, handle, feel, demo etc, then purchase from Amazon for the customer service/convenience.

Thanks...i GET IT

Was also not aware of their return policy..Even on DRONES

Thanks for the info

Thanks...i GET IT

Was also not aware of their return policy..Even on DRONES

Thanks for the info
The Best Buy 15% restocking fee applies to non-defective drones, to prevent free "rentals", so exchanges for defects are exempt, as are defective aircraft returns on drones. Some store managers may interpret it differently. Not living up to advertised range and advertised battery life come to mind. They are all defective on that basis! HAH!

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
I noticed the same thing in the Trumbull Ct. Store.. Their drones were close to nothing on display and the drone accessories were close to non existent. Oh, they had an Typhoon H battery and some Tello props left. Literally that was it.

I noticed the same thing in the Trumbull Ct. Store.. Their drones were close to nothing on display and the drone accessories were close to non existent. Oh, they had an Typhoon H battery and some Tello props left. Literally that was it.
BB stock on EVO's has traditionally been limited to two per store. If someone bought one during a sale, and needed to exchange it for any issue, there will be none in stock available for retail sale, until they replenish, which is once a week.

The BB in my neck of the woods carry 4 of each, so they say. But that's wasn't the case when I wanted to buy my first real drone. I asked them how many do you keep in stock, they said 4 of each. I said I'll will take the yuneec q5004k. They replied we have 0 in stock. So I said, they are that popular all 4 are gone. They said no..... the last one sold a few months ago. So, you you where I'm going here...Nothing is cut and dry....oh, I ended up buying the q500 from B&H PHOTO.....

The BB in my neck of the woods carry 4 of each, so they say. But that's wasn't the case when I wanted to buy my first real drone. I asked them how many do you keep in stock, they said 4 of each. I said I'll will take the yuneec q5004k. They replied we have 0 in stock. So I said, they are that popular all 4 are gone. They said no..... the last one sold a few months ago. So, you you where I'm going here...Nothing is cut and dry....oh, I ended up buying the q500 from B&H PHOTO.....
Indeed. BB stock and inventory counts vary widely from one store to another depending upon demand and attention to detail, and who you ask! Just about anything can be ordered and sent to any store with some delay, but if you want to buy or exchange something like an EVO in a specific store visit, you need to call ahead and find out what they really have available to sell at each store!

Indeed. BB stock and inventory counts vary widely from one store to another depending upon demand and attention to detail, and who you ask! Just about anything can be ordered and sent to any store with some delay, but if you want to buy or exchange something like an EVO in a specific store visit, you need to call ahead and find out what they really have available to sell at each store!
Correct at that... your right about who you ask. I learned one thing about my BB. There is a floor girl that will track, hunt, tear the place upside down to find something if it says it's in stock and not at the designated area. One time I asked for DJI Spark props and there were 1 on the rack. I said I need 2 sets and she looked it up and the computer said there should be 3 sets left. She tore the store up looking for It. She would come up to me and say Wait, I have one more place to look and if it were not there she would say Wait, let me look in this area... well after saying to her like 3 times "it's ok, I'll take the one" she would say Wait, let me check here. Well, she ended up walking back with 2 pair in her hand and said I found them and handed me the second pair... This is the honest truth... I spent a total of 22 minute waiting while she search the entire store for them.. SHE WOULD NOT GIVE UP.... I tend to think she took a liking to me and tried to keep me there as long as possible. The only reason I let her look for them because she seemed to be so determined to find those props......I really did not need them, I had money to blow so I opted for those props...

Reactions: G_G and Ansia
The other issue isn't just BB, but some folks will re wrap with the outer plastic packages to return them.

The other issue isn't just BB, but some folks will re wrap with the outer plastic packages to return them.
It depends on what you buy. In the case of the Evo, it brings a security sticker that is really hard to replace once removed.

I have told my story months ago of buying my Evo at Best Buy

I had a Mavic Pro at that time and heard great things re the EVO

I get mine at a BB near me (NYC) and they gave extras on the deal

High Quality padded accessories shoulder bag and matching type smaller bag for the EVO

I get home and everything in the box had been opened...everything was loose

It was USED and hastily put back together in the original packing

There was a 2 second movie mode clip on the included 16 GB camera card

It was a madhouse at BB and after examining the contents and giving it some thought i decided to keep it

LUCKILY...Never a problem/issue...all worked perfectly and i still fly it regularly

Had one crash that destroyed the Gimbal and camera...$250 later i am still loving this machine

High Quality padded accessories shoulder bag and matching type smaller bag for the EVO

It was a madhouse at BB and after examining the contents and giving it some thought i decided to keep it

LUCKILY...Never a problem/issue...all worked perfectly and i still fly it regularly

Had one crash that destroyed the Gimbal and camera...$250 later i am still loving this machine
Wait, so you got a 16Gb SD card? The Evo is suppose to bring a 32Gb SD card.

Wait, so you got a 16Gb SD card? The Evo is suppose to bring a 32Gb SD card.

I may be off on that...if it was supposed to be a 32 it may have been one

I am probably off on that...i noted everything and i am sure that if it was part of the deal (a 32 GB card) i would definitely have gotten it straightened out

Thanks...DETAILS...Good looking out !

Reactions: Ansia

Open boxes can be a grab bag of uncertainty, but if you know what should be there, and how it should work, and it all passes your inspection and testing, that's better than a random well packed new box from Autel in China that hasn't been properly QA tested at all! At least you knew that the camera worked from the recording on the card! They probably just wanted a free rental drone and returned it after! Glad it worked out, except for the later crash.

Best Buy should never have sold the EVO without notifying the buyers that they were OPEN BOX

They Did Not notify the buyers and had i known i may not have bought from them

It worked out in my favor...i haven't had a problem in any way since i bought it and i am pleased with everything about the Evo

I feel strongly about the open box...Best Buy should have noted buyers about the condition of the purchase

Best Buy should never have sold the EVO without notifying the buyers that they were OPEN BOX

They Did Not notify the buyers and had i known i may not have bought from them

It worked out in my favor...i haven't had a problem in any way since i bought it and i am pleased with everything about the Evo

I feel strongly about the open box...Best Buy should have noted buyers about the condition of the purchase
Indeed! However, there is a possibility BB might not have known it had been opened. If the original buyer returned it, claiming it was new and unopened, and paid the 15% restocking fee, and all the seals looked intact, BB won't break the seals and open the box to confirm. They just return it to stock. Crappy, but opening a sealed new box when it was unopened before, just to confirm, makes it unsaleable as new. If they know it is an open box, it should be disclosed and discounted.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d