Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best way to record live Explorer screen?

Careful with the iOS screen recorder app. I've tried it a couple of times and both times it drained the phone battery very quickly during flight. Pretty frightening when you suddenly start seeing all those warning messages about low battery and then the phone just goes dark. Had to yank the cord and gain control by flying with the little controller's screen to get home.
I have an 8 Plus, which has a much larger battery. At least on the DJI M2, you can also charge the phone off the RC during flight. Perhaps Autel could consider that option for the EVO. Have you figured out how to tell the aircraft location relative to the RC orientation, from just the RC when you can't see the aircraft? I'm told there is no way to do so. Even in the Explorer app, you can only see it in the full screen map by toggling off North up, which switches back to North up on the PIP map window, and needs to be retoggled off of North up, each time you switch to full screen map. The setting won't stick, unlike on DJI. Very annoying.

The EVO remote does charge my iPhone and my Nvidia tablet
Excellent! Can you also prevent it from doing so, to extend your RC battery life in the field, where you have an alternative charger for the phone and tablet, or a big enough battery in each that you don't need or want them charged, while flying?

Last edited:
* UPDATE ON Du Recorder*
If you have a Motorola phone, I would use caution. I had this app downloaded and using it for around 5 months and then my phone starts freezing and restarting over and over. After a couple of days deleting apps and troubleshooting... I found that Du Recorder was the problem, or so it seems for now. I've gone 3 days now without a problem with my phone.
What I found is that my phone stated that it had been 159 days since a full battery charge. I knew that was BS. However, that was how long it had been since I downloaded the app. Weird things going on with the SD card also.

Careful with the iOS screen recorder app. I've tried it a couple of times and both times it drained the phone battery very quickly during flight. Pretty frightening when you suddenly start seeing all those warning messages about low battery and then the phone just goes dark. Had to yank the cord and gain control by flying with the little controller's screen to get home.
Now I understand the problem. As the iPhone battery is depleted by screen recording, it sucks power from the RC, which could potentially lead to RC being depleted in flight, which would really be a problem! Apparently, there is no option to prevent the phone from being charged by the RC, unlike the DJI GO 4 app, which at least gives you the choice to enable it or turn it off.

Why would that be a huge problem? I have shut off my RC and set it on the ground a few times just to show people how it would return to home without issues.

Reactions: Trox
Why would that be a huge problem? I have shut off my RC and set it on the ground a few times just to show people how it would return to home without issues.
I don't consider RTH to be an acceptable conclusion half way through a planned mission, especially where I had originally intended on multiple flights. RTH is also a feature, but not a guarantee. Use at your own risk. I never use the feature, and certainly don't consider anything that triggers it to be anything other than a huge potential problem.

Didn't mean to offend you.
No offense taken. ? I try and avoid anything that triggers RTH, and my RTH settings are designed to restore signal so I can take over manual control ASAP. It is a great safety feature, and a potential drone saver, but not without its pitfalls.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga