Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best in brightest sunlight

Spikemixture

Reaction score
Greetings o knowledgable people.
I am knew to droning and really find viewing my phone screen with the evo 2 controller frustrating and enough to go home early.
Pretty much unwatchable.
FYI I have a note 10+ on full brightness

What are the options for the brightest screen.
The Big CrystalSky cost is too much but I could go with the 5.5"
Are any particular phones or tablets extra bright.

I have the liftor tablet bracket but not the CS attachment - which I could get.

I have tried with the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 11 and the Texas sun win each time. I purchased the 5.5 Crystal Sky and it is like night and day! Crystal clear in bright sunlight....

I really like this option, light weight, very inexpensive. Once you wear this unit you will not want to use a tablet. I have expensive FAT SHARK costing hundreds of dollars for my racing quads and for the EVO 2 the YUNEEC is a match. I talked to a friend in Florida Kenny INFINITELY DRONES, he set me up and will help you, very knowledgeable . Check it out, tell Kenny Ed Newman sent you. Happy flying!!

Attachments

• 1949BC5C-AD76-494C-BBE9-FBF2EB495D37.jpeg
    1949BC5C-AD76-494C-BBE9-FBF2EB495D37.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Spikemixture
I’m a big fan of the 8” iPad Mini 5. It’s bright, light, and useful for other stuff when you get home. A shade makes it even better. I got a used 64GB model off Craigslist cheap, might buy another one...

I really like this option, light weight, very inexpensive. Once you wear this unit you will not want to use a tablet. I have expensive FAT SHARK costing hundreds of dollars for my racing quads and for the EVO 2 the YUNEEC is a match. I talked to a friend in Florida Kenny INFINITELY DRONES, he set me up and will help you, very knowledgeable . Check it out, tell Kenny Ed Newman sent you. Happy flying!!
Hey Ed, Looks interesting.
I cannot find anywhere to buy/look/research.
Infinitely drones I cannot find.
Yuneec typhoon h skyview fpv goggles I can't find.
Please supply how I can get hold of Kenny!

Reactions: Edward Newman
Hey Ed, Looks interesting.
I cannot find anywhere to buy/look/research.
Infinitely drones I cannot find.
Yuneec typhoon h skyview fpv goggles I can't find.
Please supply how I can get hold of Kenny!
Standby I’m contacting him now personally, and asking his permission to send contact phone number.

If you are using a samsung note, for max brightness you need to put it on auto. Not the slider on max.

BTW, I have a CS barely used 5.5 that I can sell. PM me, but I prefer the Note 8 for a dedicated device.

Reactions: House Forasken
investigationInfinity Drones, Kenny (954) 501-5016. Great knowledgeable friendly guy. He’ll set you up.

Finally found him after lots of investigation on Ebay. Well pretty sure it's him and dropped your name .
Sent a message to clarify freight charges to Philippines.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry didn’t know where you lived.

InfinityDrones eBay Yuneec FPV Googles

Try this

Epson BT300 smartglasses are the way to go. Much better than any phone or tablet. The Autel app can be sideloaded onto them.

Epson BT300 smartglasses are the way to go. Much better than any phone or tablet. The Autel app can be sideloaded onto them.
Hello NB,

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have been reading up and Youtubing the BT-300

As u r aware it is very hard to describe or show "us" what you see.

They came out 2 years ago with plenty of reviews. But very little in the last 12 months.
It makes me nervous when I don't see anyone on youtube using them today. - And I subscribe to plenty of drone sites !
Amazon buyer review are a mixed bag - 19% 1 star is not good
And Amazon not having stock is a concern !

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightbat2
Hello NB,

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have been reading up and Youtubing the BT-300

As u r aware it is very hard to describe or show "us" what you see.

They came out 2 years ago with plenty of reviews. But very little in the last 12 months.
It makes me nervous when I don't see anyone on youtube using them today. - And I subscribe to plenty of drone sites !
Amazon buyer review are a mixed bag - 19% 1 star is not good
And Amazon not having stock is a concern !
There’s a couple of people on this forum who’ve got them. That’s what got me interested. The ‘puck’ type controller takes a bit of getting used to but otherwise they’re great. I was lucky enough to find a dealer who not only gave me a three day trial, but who also side-loaded the Autel app for me. In the end, I didn’t buy them because we got locked down because of Covid. They will be my next purchase.

I too use a note 8 with the brightness on auto. I have had no issues viewing the screen even in direct sunlight.

I too use a note 8 with the brightness on auto. I have had no issues viewing the screen even in direct sunlight.
Does the brightness throttle down after some amount of time? I keep seeing people saying they don't use tablets like that anymore because that super high brightness mode can't stay that bright for very long before heat and battery consumption cause it to throttle down the display brightness on you. I would like to get a Note 8 or Note 10 as a dedicated UAS device but not if it is only useful for like 15 minutes.

Reactions: PingSpike
Does the brightness throttle down after some amount of time? I keep seeing people saying they don't use tablets like that anymore because that super high brightness mode can't stay that bright for very long before heat and battery consumption cause it to throttle down the display brightness on you. I would like to get a Note 8 or Note 10 as a dedicated UAS device but not if it is only useful for like 15 minutes.
I use a Note 8 for a dedicated device and have not noticed any screen dimming when flying. Maybe it depends on the battery mode you set the phone on, but I always use high performance since this is a dedicated device. I have no issues with battery performance. You can pick up a refurbished Note 8 for cheap, and the Note 8 has one of the brightest screens @ 1200 nits compared to the Samsung S8 @ 1000 nits.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan