Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

Battery issues - how prevalent is it?

Joe Thompson

Reaction score
I've read of some of the XSP batteries getting rapid drains like from 60% down to 5 or 10% almost instantly, causing crashes or unprogrammed landings because the drop was happened so quickly. Who here has experienced this kind of event? If prevalent, is Autel addressing it adequately for a fix?

cokeaddict

Reaction score
There is no fix for this. It's been happening for years. My Phantom 2 crashed to earth while hovering due to a battery failure. DJi put it down to pilot error to avoid replacing it. Once I showed the gopro evidence they had a change of heart and i got a full refund. Batteries will always fail. Look around you, Karma just had a recall due to it falling out of the sky. Sad indeed as we need competition BUT gopro did the honorable thing to recall them all at a huge cost to them.
It's all down to the luck of the draw with batteries.

cokeaddict

Reaction score
Not with my 5 XSP batteries. They have worked great so far. The only issue I am noticing is the free battery I got from Autel. its charging differently to the others and seems to run a couple of minutes less than the other 4. No idea why but when it did arrive to me (im in Australia) it had no green lights on. So i put it on charge and ran it that afternoon just to let it drain then charged it up again. But def has a shorter flight run the the others.

Joe Thompson

Reaction score
cokeaddict, just out of curiosity, are you using an Android or iOS device as your screen?

cokeaddict

Reaction score
Hey Joe,
Andriod here mate. On the latest samsung a8

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DroneHome