Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel photos needed, (OpenAthena Search and Rescue)

t3l3tubie

Reaction score
I'm developing some opensource software that takes metadata from drone still-images and uses it to find the spot it's looking at on the ground
This could greatly assist with drone Search and Rescue, wildfire detection, etc.

Examples (DJI images):

pretty_good.jpg

proof_of_concept_small.jpg

(I've marked the center of each image with a red dot for demonstrating the concept. As you can see, the location derived is almost in exactly the same place as the center of the image)

The software is available free and open source @ OpenAthena.com

I'm looking for example photos taken by Autel craft to test with. Ideally, a certain building, landmark, or other locate-able spot should be in center of the frame. Although: any images will do as long as they have their original metadata and the center of the photo is aiming at some point on the ground

my email is [email protected], any feedback would be greatly appreciated
-Matthew

I'm developing some opensource software that takes metadata from drone still-images and uses it to find the spot it's looking at on the ground
This could greatly assist with drone Search and Rescue, wildfire detection, etc.

Examples (DJI images):

pretty_good.jpg

proof_of_concept_small.jpg

(I've marked the center of each image with a red dot for demonstrating the concept. As you can see, the location derived is almost in exactly the same place as the center of the image)

The software is available free and open source @ OpenAthena.com

I'm looking for example photos taken by Autel craft to test with. Ideally, a certain building, landmark, or other locate-able spot should be in center of the frame. Although: any images will do as long as they have their original metadata and the center of the photo is aiming at some point on the ground

my email is [email protected], any feedback would be greatly appreciated
-Matthew
I am affiliated with a SAR team that uses onboard helo imaging, which has this capability, in real time. The camera operator also has a laser rangefinder slaved to the suite, thus the helos position is known to with a few cm, the angle is known, and the distance, thus eliminating the target elevation error from using open source DEM data. It would be nice to have similar capability on a cheap drone :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain