Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II: IMU Calibration: How to: Video tutorial

Why calibration if not prompted to period
AUTEL ROBOTICS suggest to perferom GIMBAL auto calibration, COMPASS and IMU Calbration too after the firmware upgrade: (See Release & note of fw 2.5.11) And many people had issue with some steps, like 3 and 4.
ITs all

Attachments

• IMU Calibration suggestion from Autel Robotics.JPG
    IMU Calibration suggestion from Autel Robotics.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 24
Got everything updated and calibrated all done success on all watch the vid On YouTube for the imu Deal

I just updated the firmware yesterday on my E2P. This is the order of calibrations that you must do BEFORE you do the IMU. According to Autel, step 1 gimbal 2 compass 3 IMU. When they are not done in that order, some have reported gimbal being limp. I did my IMU with the legs open, but the display shows having 2 legs closed at the point of contact for 1 of 2 positions. I did a test flight and did not have any issues. The drifting and wandering issue was gone.

Just updated mine also Gimble compass imu sd card Format 128g Fully charge batteries not a problem at all will fly it soon

on other’s opinions I seriously don’t think it matters But i went least to hardest sets

I did IMU, compass and then gimbal. Got the limp issue, just turned everything off after it calibrated and then turned everything back on, recalibrated the gimbal and was all good. Took a 10 minute test flight, all is good. Heading out for more tests.? Also curious if there is a specific order.

Well apparently they just put out another update. 2.5.1.2. It has the calibration order different with gimbal, IMU and then compass. Also the batteries got an upgrade. So if you have multiple batteries you have to do multiple updates. I just got done doing mine three times.

I did IMU, compass and then gimbal. Got the limp issue, just turned everything off after it calibrated and then turned everything back on, recalibrated the gimbal and was all good. Took a 10 minute test flight, all is good. Heading out for more tests.? Also curious if there is a specific order.

For the 2.5.12 Just released. The order is gimbal, IMU, compass. The limp gimbal issue you had on 2.5.11 was due to going out of order. Other people have reported the same gimbal issue.

Reactions: DadCorso80

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg