Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Feature Requests – Submit Here

The option to MANUALLY enable or disable atti mode. I've saved my DJI drones a few times when the GPS had issues, just by flipping to atti mode & manually flying.

Panoramic mode- SPECIFICALLY a 360° panoramic option.

A custom function button assignable to a bottom button that toggles the front arm LEDs on or off, instead of having to dig through menus to turn it on or off.

Smooth waypoints would be great. Waypoints with disconnected remote would be even better. This would allow flight paths without LOS partially. Cinematic videos are impossible if it always stops.

Quick switch to fastest mode, like "sport" in DJI. Probably configurable on bottom buttons. Disabling OA is good, but supper fast still requires going through the menu when usually they are needed together.

That small map on the upper-left in camera view mode is hard to open. Usually I have to press several times on my normal-size phone.

Technical ability to attach bigger battery would be nice. This could be done with a modified battery with adapter in standard position plus another battery attached on the top. This is probably too much to expect from Autel, but possible from aftermarket...

Longer controller sticks for precise flights.

Flight recording and re-fly. This would be coool

Reactions: gschulzuio
  • Save settings before sw/fw update, ability to restore settings after sw/fw update
  • Get Litchi to add support, Get DroneDeploy to add support, Get Pix4D to add capture support
  • Update mission planner/explore with:
  • Export waypoint and map mission to autel cloud, or local device. Or, enable mission planner copy to copy to autel cloud and then import via app on different device
  • Import waypoint and map mission (from autel cloud or local device)
  • Import KML waypoint or map that can then be updated with waypoint actions etc
  • Add mission planner ability to enter / update GPS / DMS coordinates for waypoints and point of interests
  • Having more than one action per waypoint
  • Transition through waypoints without stopping
  • Ability to gradually change altitude between waypoints (See litchi)
  • Add ability to setup macro/task/user function that can be used by waypoint action. For example, if only one action per waypoint, allow user to create a script that does multiple actions such as stop recording, take photo, change aircraft direction, tilt camera, take photo, wait 2 seconds, start recording and move on.
  • Add desktop mission planner or get Litchi to add support (notice theme of litchi?)
  • Add panoramic (180, 360) capture, processing/stiching can be don offline with other sw
  • Add new voice commands for:
  • turn bottom lights on/off
  • if not already available, verbal abort landing, verbal pull up, verbal land now, verbal halt/pause (stop, stay where at), verbal go home, verbal cancel
  • Ability to fly manually or via waypoint mission to an altitude lower than takeoff
  • Tighten orbit radius to 3m, lower minimum altitude to about 5m, used for outward facing orbits
  • Add option to start a new folder for images to be saved in for the flight. E.g., you are doing say three flights, three different locations, each time aircraft does a flight, those images are stored in a new folder timestamped (or somehow tagged) for that flight.
  • Add enter atti mode, or, an indoor switch that enables atti, disables other things

• Save settings before sw/fw update, ability to restore settings after sw/fw update
  • Get Litchi to add support, Get DroneDeploy to add support, Get Pix4D to add capture support
  • Export waypoint and map mission to autel cloud, or local device. Or, enable mission planner copy to copy to autel cloud and then import via app on different device
  • Add mission planner ability to enter / update GPS / DMS coordinates for waypoints and point of interests
  • Add ability to setup macro/task/user function that can be used by waypoint action. For example, if only one action per waypoint, allow user to create a script that does multiple actions such as stop recording, take photo, change aircraft direction, tilt camera, take photo, wait 2 seconds, start recording and move on.
  • Add desktop mission planner or get Litchi to add support (notice theme of litchi?)
  • Add panoramic (180, 360) capture, processing/stiching can be don offline with other sw
  • if not already available, verbal abort landing, verbal pull up, verbal land now, verbal halt/pause (stop, stay where at), verbal go home, verbal cancel
  • Ability to fly manually or via waypoint mission to an altitude lower than takeoff
  • Tighten orbit radius to 3m, lower minimum altitude to about 5m, used for outward facing orbits
  • Add option to start a new folder for images to be saved in for the flight. E.g., you are doing say three flights, three different locations, each time aircraft does a flight, those images are stored in a new folder timestamped (or somehow tagged) for that flight.
  • Add enter atti mode, or, an indoor switch that enables atti, disables other things
Litchi are committed to DJI unfortunately so will not develop an app for the Evo 2.

Two glaring omissions are:

1. There is no ability to take still RAW or RAW + JPG in any of the Missions.
2. There is not the ability to record video in either the Rectangle or Polygon Missions instead of taking still images.

Both of the above are possible with DJI and Litchi and as such DJI has a big advantage.

Observations
When using either the Rectangle or Polygon Missions, at the end of a row there is some delay before the next row is started. The countdown timer stops during this period so it does not accurately reflect the remaining mission time. LitchI on the other hand does not waste any time and as such is more efficient when doing a mission with lots of rows. The time spent from one row ending and the next one starting needs to be shortened.

When doing a Waypoint Mission there needs to be the option in the Flyover to stop whilst a picture is taken. Currently the picture is taken whilst the craft is moving and if you have a slow shutter speed because you want to keep the ISO low then you can end up with an image that is not as sharp as it could be.

When taking still images in a Rectangle or Polygon Mission there needs to be the option to have the craft stop whilst the image is taken, for the same reason as above. This will add time to the mission but sometimes necessary to get the sharpest image.

I agree that 360 panoramas would be nice, but but my understanding is DJI have the patent on this, which clearly they have licensed to VC Technology (Litchi). It is therefore unlikely Autel will want to add this.

Desktop planning would be very nice with the ability to download to various tablets similar to Lichi Hub would be nice however that involves a great deal of work. As a stop gap or alternative the ability to plan on say an iPad Pro and airdrop the mission to say an iPhone. I assume Android has a similar capability.

On the hardware side, the Controller is ok but not great but what I do have an issue with, as I do with the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Controller, is the Mickey Mouse micro USB connector that was obviously designed with input from the Service Department to keep them in business. It should be a USB C.

Litchi are committed to DJI unfortunately so will not develop an app for the Evo 2.

2. There is not the ability to record video in either the Rectangle or Polygon Missions instead of taking still images.

Both of the above are possible with DJI and Litchi and as such DJI has a big advantage.

Observations
When using either the Rectangle or Polygon Missions, at the end of a row there is some delay before the next row is started. The countdown timer stops during this period so it does not accurately reflect the remaining mission time. LitchI on the other hand does not waste any time and as such is more efficient when doing a mission with lots of rows. The time spent from one row ending and the next one starting needs to be shortened.

When doing a Waypoint Mission there needs to be the option in the Flyover to stop whilst a picture is taken. Currently the picture is taken whilst the craft is moving and if you have a slow shutter speed because you want to keep the ISO low then you can end up with an image that is not as sharp as it could be.

When taking still images in a Rectangle or Polygon Mission there needs to be the option to have the craft stop whilst the image is taken, for the same reason as above. This will add time to the mission but sometimes necessary to get the sharpest image.

I agree that 360 panoramas would be nice, but but my understanding is DJI have the patent on this, which clearly they have licensed to VC Technology (Litchi). It is therefore unlikely Autel will want to add this.

Desktop planning would be very nice with the ability to download to various tablets similar to Lichi Hub would be nice however that involves a great deal of work. As a stop gap or alternative the ability to plan on say an iPad Pro and airdrop the mission to say an iPhone. I assume Android has a similar capability.

On the hardware side, the Controller is ok but not great but what I do have an issue with, as I do with the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Controller, is the Mickey Mouse micro USB connector that was obviously designed with input from the Service Department to keep them in business. It should be a USB C.
I would like RAW capture option, but also AEB which I use quite a bit. Thanks for compiling this list.

But if we can do that. Dji and Litchi does it in his missions.
You have to get out of your nornes plains and gain Altitude.
Who has not taken off from a mountain to fly in the plain.
Who has not taken off from a cliff to descend towards the sea to film along the cliffs.
It is not only what is happening above that is interesting, there is also what is happening below.
Dji is able to do it and even for 5 years since my Inspire, but it's not my fault that Autel, in this area, is a crap, and does not come close to DJI.
Surely not the right team.

-Proper GSD calculation, based on photo resolution and camera FOV
-KML support for polygon missions
-Transition through waypoints without stopping (Autel loosing lots of time that have impact on photogrametry mission cost, also now it's no way to record proper film in mission)
-In advance: transition throught polygon waypoints without Yaw rotation (yaw rotation is not necessary for photogrametry)
-In polygon mission ability to restart from actual ending photo
-Ability to manualy select next waypoint
-Atti mode switch on Android
- Change A/B possition in A/B buttons settings (currently I always think the left setting is for left button)
- More feature for A/B button (like max speed change, zoom in/out)

There are options you ask that will be impossible to do on the type of platform Autel uses, the Px4 platform cannot do missions without stopping or slowing down at each point.
Autel would have to change the whole system, and I would be surprised if DJI gave it his.
The Dream must stop someday.
It didn't happen on the Evo 1, why do it on the 2 which has the same flight calculation system.

Add to the list, ability to rename a waypoint or map mission. You are able for example to create a baseline mission, then make copies that are named copies, need ability to rename, should not be that difficult to do.

Also, add to the list making the red cancel return home pop up larger, or option to make it selectable small or larger.

But if we can do that. Dji and Litchi does it in his missions.
You have to get out of your nornes plains and gain Altitude.
Who has not taken off from a mountain to fly in the plain.
Who has not taken off from a cliff to descend towards the sea to film along the cliffs.
It is not only what is happening above that is interesting, there is also what is happening below.
Dji is able to do it and even for 5 years since my Inspire, but it's not my fault that Autel, in this area, is a crap, and does not come close to DJI.
Surely not the right team.
Add to the list above:

A river valley, take off from the bluff and descend, similar in concept to a mountain scenario.

Take off from a structure that is higher above ground that you need to descend down into.

Flying over land that has a gradual downward slope away from take off location.

These and others could be tied to flying at, above, or below relative to take off point, or, AGL.

Reactions: G_G

Observations

IF a way point mission way point could support multiple actions, then IF a new action were added for example "Rotate Aircraft", then you could do a pano that for example is needed as part of a project progress report. For example, rotate aircraft 0, gimbal 0, take photo, rotate aircraft 30, gimbal 0, take photo, rotate aircraft 60 etc... until back to 0. then loop with gimbal -30, +30-45, etc... You could then do something similar to what Litchi has for at least 180 panos in their actions (e.g. they grouped them into kind of a macro action).

As far as DJI having a patent on taking a 360, would have to see what they actually have patent on. Perhaps a specific process or technique, or how they implemented their SDK/API, or processing, or camera adjustments. Would think rather difficult to get a generic broad patent on simply taking a 360 image.

Concur with the USB C

There are options you ask that will be impossible to do on the type of platform Autel uses, the Px4 platform cannot do missions without stopping or slowing down at each point.
Autel would have to change the whole system, and I would be surprised if DJI gave it his.
The Dream must stop someday.
It didn't happen on the Evo 1, why do it on the 2 which has the same flight calculation system.
Are you sure that Autel basing on PX4? If that's true - explains a lot.
Anyway PX4 can do that more gently (for example Yuneec H520). Maybe little change of brake parameter can improve that
Also now in beta firmware there is huge step forward. (in oblique Autel firstly fly a normal photogrametry path without yaw rotations). Lot's faster.

Hi,
add the possibility to rotate flight heading in mission>polygon, it's strange because it's already possible in mission>rectangular mode.
Thanks

probably not for the many;
tried setting RTH below the canopy I wanted to fly, say 20', couldn't 90'(?) was the lowest

Hello Autel.
I just got Evo 2 pro and just learn to fly drone.
My suggestion is smart controller something like
Voyager for Evo2. Iphone too small and mini ipad
too big, and cable easy to get distract. 1000 nits or
above, would be nice, plus it should come with app
that alert weather, plane, drone, etc near by.
Last thing is, should be able to accept sim card for fast data.
Please think about this product line.
Andy

Hello Autel.
I just got Evo 2 pro and just learn to fly drone.
My suggestion is smart controller something like
Voyager for Evo2. Iphone too small and mini ipad
too big, and cable easy to get distract. 1000 nits or
above, would be nice, plus it should come with app
that alert weather, plane, drone, etc near by.
Last thing is, should be able to accept sim card for fast data.
Please think about this product line.
Andy

Please stay tuned for an update on the Smart Controller for EVO II in January.

Reactions: Cicero24

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials