Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel and crystalsky

Lazaro68

Reaction score
Any X-Star flyers out there been able to use their drone with a crystalsky display.
I own a CS for my MP but also would like to be able to use with my Autel.

I know I can load apps on the CS that once could not be added but Starlink I have not been able to load onto it.

Ok many thanks All and safe flying.

Laz

I was wondering the same thing.
I sold my CrystalSky a few weeks ago when I decided to get the Evo and was wondering if I could side load the Autel Explorer app and use it with the Evo but I’d like someone else to confirm they got it to work before I bought another one again. The CrystalSky really is a nice monitor and worth it for outdoor flying but I truly wish Autel would produce their own version or a ‘Pro’ radio with bright display- I’d pay to have one!

Ok - we will find out together - good news so far is I was able to add the Starlink software for my Xstar and I also was able to download and load the Explorer software for EVO.

They both appear to run as well......limited since I don’t have controller plugged into the CS.

Will plug mine in later on this week to see if I can get it to work through the usb connection - If ANYONE reading this thread has some input - it would be very much appreciated - before I burn something up.

Will keep the group in the loop.

Next business will be finding or making a bracket to hold the CS to the controller - for the EVO it might be fairly easy since I think the controller looks a lot like the MP/Spark/MA.

Later
Laz

I will know this weekend - gotta pick up a type c to usb cable - the crystalsky has a type c input - will report back - plan in putting it thru it’s pace with the different software features - and report back to the group - of course since I don’t have bracket will have son holding CS.

Thanks for asking and keeping me motivated to try it out ))

Got the type C to type A USB cable - fingers crossed - stay tune - charging batteries on x-star as I type.

Ok - so I think I have good news to report back to my fellow droners -

I think it works well.

I turned on my remote and the crystalsky also turned in automatically - as it does with my Mavic Pro controller - and as it is designed to do.

Additionally it gave a choice of which software to bring up - as i have loaded both autel software for the xstar and Evo.
Choice is either always or just once - I picked once -

The controls and data all seem to work - I will upload links to videos once I upload them - don’t expect a Grammy folks so don’t criticize ))...... and bird noises and interference - and first time using screen recording software on the CS as well....and i was doing all of this in back of my suv since I don’t have the CS on a bracket for my controller (next step).

You all be the judge - but will be using again in near future.

One thing - and I have read elsewhere - my fan on the CS runs but damn it gets hot which then affects video etc....

Enjoy
Laz

Reactions: Hysteresis
Here is my first recording using my phone, I hope I don’t make anyone sick - careful with the motion sickness...))

Enjoy....

Thanks for the review. Just to help out our members from getting a twisted neck I took your video and rotated it so it is easier watching :)

Reactions: Franlac
Thank you Agustine very much ——-

I figured there was a few with twisted necks already from looking up in the sky ))
And I am sure the rest have twisted minds ; o~8B86DC97-D91B-4443-8E0D-A6D0099FE3FF.jpegD9715B2C-3CCB-4065-9DB8-06354E3D9699.jpeg

But many thanks - I uploaded it to YouTube directly from my phone while at Lowe’s and could not figure out how to rotate it from mobile app ——-from the computer it is much easier - I wanted to desiminate the information out ASAP.....

Here are some pics with what will have to be a bracket design next so I can mount this dji hotswap (I call it) bracket or one of the other dji brackets ...... for the CS....

But you can see why I had to lie it down on top of the case while I flew - did not want to drop anything - butter fingers....

Or one of these other DJI CS brackets - which I passed on the one for the Mavic Origionally because I did not like my CS straight down from my controller - seemed like it would be hard to hang onto.

75911BAF-D70E-4EE8-93D4-A5614B6358D1.pngE5753632-2141-449B-B2B4-FBA8D67D3A07.png37823DBC-D96C-4208-B73D-BC66F02C26E1.png

The first two are different pics of the Mavic bracket and the other one is for osmo

This is the way I used the bracket/adapter for my MP
F9183551-7A4A-4ABA-BB3A-8B88EA94D50C.jpegE8281F6E-928B-4703-AE88-9F05F082A390.jpeg

Attachments

• DA78BC93-B15A-4342-8C03-E20883DC3755.jpeg
    DA78BC93-B15A-4342-8C03-E20883DC3755.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Good news . . . thanks
It looks like you might want to add a matte finished film to the CS to eliminate the reflections.

Very good point Leon - yeah the reflection on some days is terrible - just depends on lots of factors - position of the sun being the biggest one....

Do you have any suggestions for the matte finish film?

I think it works well.
How about Google Maps. Did you try to install and run this? It was my understanding that the Google Play Store was blocked so Google Maps could not run.

I hope this is no longer a problem since I just ordered the 7.85" ultra bright CS. I have the LifThor EVO tablet holder already but I could not see the screen of my ASUS S3 at all even with a large hood. Thor's Drone World is in the process of making an adapter to mount the CS to the EVO tablet holder.

I also just installed Autel Explorer on a Crystalsky, but I don’t have any map data showing up. Maps are there on the DJI GO app, but not with Autel. Anyone have any ideas?

Maps are there on the DJI GO app, but not with Autel.
Now that is troubling! I do not know how the DJI GO app accesses map data or where it comes from. The Autel Explorer app just finds and loads Google maps which I created, on my tablet, with Google Maps. My understanding is that Google Maps requires a functioning Google Play Store which was one of the functions disabled on the CrystalSky. Is Google Maps installed on your CrystalSky?

It is installed and active. I think I need to enable off line caching of Google Maps but when I try to sign into my Google Account, it wont let me. I think that is the hang up. You have to download Maps via an apk download.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials