Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Attention to our Android users: NEW EXPLORER APP HOW TO INSTALL

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Attention to our Android users: Due to the number of upcoming changes in the Autel Explorer App, along with updated requirements of the Google Play Store, we have to release a new version of the Autel Explorer App instead of updating the original one. If you are using an older version of the Autel Explorer app, you must follow the below instructions to upgrade and save your flight logs:

1. Sync flights to the cloud from your Autel Explorer account
2. Uninstall the Autel Explorer app from your Android device
3. Find and reinstall the Autel Explorer app from the Google Play Store

If your flight logs are not synced prior to uninstalling the Autel Explorer app, all data will be lost and cannot be recovered. If you do not wish to sync to the cloud, you may skip step 1.
If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or any other problems with the firmware, please let us know immediately by contacting Customer Support at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.
Thanks for your support and happy flying!

Attention to our Android users: Due to the number of upcoming changes in the Autel Explorer App, along with updated requirements of the Google Play Store, we have to release a new version of the Autel Explorer App instead of updating the original one. If you are using an older version of the Autel Explorer app, you must follow the below instructions to upgrade and save your flight logs:

1. Sync flights to the cloud from your Autel Explorer account
2. Uninstall the Autel Explorer app from your Android device
3. Find and reinstall the Autel Explorer app from the Google Play Store

If your flight logs are not synced prior to uninstalling the Autel Explorer app, all data will be lost and cannot be recovered. If you do not wish to sync to the cloud, you may skip step 1.
If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or any other problems with the firmware, please let us know immediately by contacting Customer Support at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.
Thanks for your support and happy flying!
Will this procedure require an update to the controller and or drone?

Attention, for Evo 1, with this application, you lose the function of preparation on the ground (or at home) of the Orbit and waypoints.
It is no longer possible to prepare them before the flight. The device must be connected and in flight to prepare an orbit or a Waypoint route, which is completely silly with the device above his head.
Autel has taken away two main functions.
Autel Explorer App Gone?

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Attention, for Evo 1, with this application, you lose the function of preparation on the ground (or at home) of the Orbit and waypoints.
It is no longer possible to prepare them before the flight. The device must be connected and in flight to prepare an orbit or a Waypoint route, which is completely silly with the device above his head.
Autel has taken away two main functions.
Autel Explorer App Gone?
terrible! the app looks good, im not seeing anymore normal video transmission,only hd or smooth! there is a voice that bothers a lot, and i cant seem to map a button to show the image gallery!

Yes, yes, many functions have disappeared in this version, for example the preparation before flight of an orbit or a waypoints mission on the map before launching the flight.
For now, I have put back the old 1.0.1.45 application to find the preparation before taking off the Evo. I did some tests this afternoon with the new firmware and everything is fine.
I sent an email to Autel regarding this.
I'm waiting for the answer.......

I notice in the new Autel App blurb that some functions are not applicable to EVO 1. Would this only be for new functions applicable to EVO 2 ?, or has Autel deleted any original functions that came with the purchase of EVO 1.?

Hope not.! Upgrades i'm in favour of .. downgrades nope !

Autel appear to be remiss in detailing what functions if any have been downgraded in EVO1.

I haven,t as yet installed the new app as it says "Early stage"and "May be unstable""

No function of the Evo 1 has been eliminated. They Evo 2 has moee of them and it makes it seem like it's missing something. As for the oebit, wayppoints nit working, I cant comment right now.

In this post you have the summary of the Evo 1 and 2 functions : Autel Explorer App Gone?
Strikethrough, these functions are no longer accessible without the Uav being connected and in flight. No more preparation on Google map possible.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
it keeps asking me to download 1.5.8 or something like that, anybody has the same issue? downloaded 4 times already

1.5.8 is the latest firmware for Evo 1, it works with the latest Explorer 1.0.1.45 for Evo1.
Tested today without any particular problems.
you put it on an SD card then in the Evo to update the Evo.

1.5.8 is the latest firmware for Evo 1, it works with the latest Explorer 1.0.1.45 for Evo1.
Tested today without any particular problems.
you put it on an SD card then in the Evo to update the Evo.
yes, but everytime i start the evo tells me that download is ready, and download everything, till it shows you the status of the downooad on the RC and everything is green with a ✓ but the last item has a green circle and it asks me to start everything again, any ideas?

thanks

yes, but everytime i start the evo tells me that download is ready, and download everything, till it shows you the status of the downooad on the RC and everything is green with a ✓ but the last item has a green circle and it asks me to start everything again, any ideas?

thanks
@aed1980 Did you put it on an SD card then in the Evo's (video card slot) to update the Evo as claudius62 said ? My over the air FW updates will sometimes fail. I've had the EVO for well over a year and the card update is the way to go. One small tip. Be sure you reset the camera after the update. You will have to reset your format, frame rate etc. choices but in theory it would allow any new fW for the camera to be applied. I did this after an update long ago when the camera seemed soft after the install and it sharpened it up. Keep trying and you will succeed . All the best, Jim

hey jim, thanks! im on holidays and just have my mobile phone with me, and i cant seem to figure out how to download the file on a mobile device, looks like i dont have an option! i do have a usb c to micro sd adapter, but cant find the file to download on the mobile browser

Reactions: aed1980
The firmware is 99 MB and that's where the problem of going through a phone or tablet, surely lacking speed.
No one around you has a computer to download the Firmware and put it on the SD?
The direct link is there: Take the one that Ansia gave.

The problem is also to transfer of the phone to the SD

Reactions: aed1980
thanks ansia again, did it with my phone and a usb c to micro sd adapter, works perfectly! only thing ive noticed in the new app, is like a flickering on the screen(dont know well how to say it in english since it is not my mother tongue). also the voice that tells you signal weak is annoying and cant seem to map the back buttons!

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN