Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another folding UAV

Very expensive for just a follow me quad. Great idea but man they want a lot of money for something with limited options.

One major problem I've seen with Gopro quads is lack of gimbal and camera integration into the control system which was the downfall of the Solo......you couldn't change camera settings in flight, no histogram, etc.......pure reliance on the Gopro auto setting.

Gee, I wonder if DJI will sue THEM for their somewhat look-a-like quad. Or, did they come before DJI, and therefore should be suing DJI!

even if they cost the same, how could someone choose between an EVO or a Mavic Air? It should be a slam dunk for dji. from tello at $99 thru P4P at $1500.(soon P5)..all the industrial drones..sdks out, accessories, they have it covered.
But we were looking at phantoms and mavics last year and bought pumpkins instead didnt we?, so who knows.

even if they cost the same, how could someone choose between an EVO or a Mavic Air? It should be a slam dunk for dji. from tello at $99 thru P4P at $1500.(soon P5)..all the industrial drones..sdks out, accessories, they have it covered.
But we were looking at phantoms and mavics last year and bought pumpkins instead didnt we?, so who knows.

Problem is DJI beat Autel to the punch on pricing....the market is now set so Autel has to eat the difference if they were planning on higher pricing (and these are consumer devices not even pro-sumer so the margins are slim to begin with)......this is DJI's game, it's how they killed off the Solo.

even if they cost the same, how could someone choose between an EVO or a Mavic Air? It should be a slam dunk for dji. from tello at $99 thru P4P at $1500.

I would buy the Evo just because I'm not fond of DJI's marketing or overall business plan. But, that's just me.

And yes, we did buy Autel's stuff instead of DJI's stuff. So I guess it's not just me.

Mavic Pro 2 likely to be announced after EVO release date. Autel should see this coming as DJI has a history of this. Hopefully they have a not yet revealed competitive counter to what the Mavic Pro 2 will offer.

I like the fact the Staark considered aerodynamics in the design. So few do that, it can save battery usage in not having to fight as much wind resistance. Norwegians are so oil-rich they can afford it!!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen