Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

7/7/23 Update and Thinking I should have gone DJI

sfoutrider

Reaction score
I did the latest update on 7/7/23 and still no polygon missions, no 3 D mission planning and no enterprise software to assemble a mapped area and still no battery swap. I also can't seem to switch to 48MP photos and it appears to only shoot JPEG. Am I missing something or did I fall for the snake oil from the marketing videos? Not thrilled that I chose this for my business flagship...I shoulda went with a Mavic.

I did the latest update on 7/7/23 and still no polygon missions, no 3 D mission planning and no enterprise software to assemble a mapped area and still no battery swap. I also can't seem to switch to 48MP photos and it appears to only shoot JPEG. Am I missing something or did I fall for the snake oil from the marketing videos? Not thrilled that I chose this for my business flagship...I shoulda went with a Mavic.
Since they NEVER have finished the software for the Evo II v3 release (1.25 years), I would not be too optimistic re: when this will improve. They consistently release hardware and the software is not ready. Then they release something else, focus on that, and the current products are ignored/never finished. Apparently, a road map that provides direction for the developers and the products they support, does not exist All they create is marketing hype for features they plan to relesase "someday".

Since they NEVER have finished the software for the Evo II v3 release (1.25 years), I would not be too optimistic re: when this will improve. They consistently release hardware and the software is not ready. Then they release something else, focus on that, and the current products are ignored/never finished. Apparently, a road map that provides direction for the developers and the products they support, does not exist All they create is marketing hype for features they plan to relesase "someday".
1689191643974.jpeg

I bought the EVO 1 and they never came through with promises. Supposedly they had great customer service but I didn't see it. Went to DJI, never looking back.

Reactions: G_G
I think we fell for the snake oil. I was thinking the same thing. WTF right. My Evo Pro II Transmitter seems to be stronger than the EVO Max 4T Transmitter.

Reactions: DroneRat
They were due to release the mapping firmware release on 7-15-23, but ran into some issues. My contact at Autel said it would be a couple more weeks. As soon as it is out and tested, we will do a release video on it.

They were due to release the mapping firmware release on 7-15-23, but ran into some issues. My contact at Autel said it would be a couple more weeks. As soon as it is out and tested, we will do a release video on it.
Thanks for the update. Any other insight into the release? Keep us posted.

I'm a little bit in the same boat with disappointment. Unfortunately, I feel like I all too often adopt tech before it's ready. Haha. I didn't realized that I couldn't take the 48mp photos until after I ran my first survey (manually of course, due to lack of grid mapping) and was looking at photos wondering why they looked so bad. I didn't even think it was possible for a camera to not be able to take photos that it's capable of taking.
Is there a list somewhere of features and their current availability? Call it... a promises vs delivery table?

Reactions: Techneek
As a new Autel owner, I can say that DJI is no better in this aspect. We have purchased five DJI sUAS. Here is a little experience I have had.

1) Inspire 1 (released the newer model one week after we purchased and discontinued parts manufacturing for ours "including batteries")
2) Mavic Pro (six months later Mavic Pro Platinum)
3) Purchased 2 Mavic Pro Platinums with Fly-More and Headsets (headsets never have been updated to actually work and not make the wearer absolutely nauseous, features promised for public safety never integrated, now can't get the software to continue to use them on newer mobile devices).
4) Matrice 210v1 (Lots of promises, lots of helium. Crashed during a heavy rain event (was supposed to be able to handle flying in rain, it was worth it found the missing kid with Thermal. First mission, first crash $54,000.) We were promised this was a long-term platform and would be supported for 6-10 years. They released v2 and discontinued support, parts, batteries, etc within six months.
5) 3 - Crystal Sky (standards), 2 Ultra Brights (all of these have been discontinued support, worked great for a while, but now completely useless)

In all honesty, DJI is not a better choice. They are good if you have the cash to replace with the latest and greatest everytime it comes out.

Reactions: sfoutrider

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo