Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

1 inch

bjtap

Reaction score
Okay you experts out there. Please explain the advantages of a 1" sensor vs. what is out there now. I would appreciate it. (I have some ideas but I do not have the expertise some of you have). Thanks. BTW: Implied in the question is whether you believe the extra cost is worth it and the extra wait (EVO) is worth it.

The greater the size of the sensor, then there is more area for the image to fall on. Imagine the difference if you tried to look at something through a hole 1mm wide, verses looking at the same object through a 1 inch hole. It is for that reason that you won't see a professional photographer taking pictures with a cell phone, a point-n-shoot, etc. By using a much larger sensor, much more image detail can be obtained.

Reactions: eyeman56
this video explains it, w dji uas,....I anticipate the evo will be similar to the Mavic Air
with a 100mbps bit rate and 2/3rds sensor....the video compares that to a 1" sensor

Hello,
A 1 inch sensor allows more light to be caught, which mainly gives better shooting exposure in low light or high contrast conditions. It also allows 2 more things: a higher pixel density for upgraded image definition, and the possibility to crop the image electronically, for stabilization purposes.

Hello,
A 1 inch sensor allows more light to be caught, which mainly gives better shooting exposure in low light or high contrast conditions. It also allows 2 more things: a higher pixel density for upgraded image definition, and the possibility to crop the image electronically, for stabilization purposes.
I like to explain it as a rain bucket collecting rain... the bigger the bucket, the more rain can collect... the bigger the sensor, the more light can be collected resulting in a better quality image with more data.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDEAZA