Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crashed Nano+

mach16lt

Reaction score
Hey everyone...
I'm new to drones and Autel. Got my Nano+ about 10 days ago and have made some nice shots and edited together some sample videos that I'm really happy with in the hopes of starting up a drone photography business. (I have my 107)

Well... today sucked. Ascended into some small branches. Drone wigged out, couldn't recover, and tumbled from about 25 feet up on to asphalt.

Anyone ever deal with Skywatch hull insurance? I picked it up last weekend, and I'm trying to get a sense of whether or not it's even worth it to file a claim, raise my renewal rate, and loose a "strike" on my hull claims (apparently you only get 2 with Skywatch).

Is it even worth it going through Autel repair? Seems like from some of the other stories, the repair is basically going to be the cost of a new drone.

Thanks for any insights.

You might try Autel for a repair first. My Nano+ crashed under similar circumstances and I sent it to them and they turned it around very quickly.

How many satellites did you have when you started the flight

the repair is basically going to be the cost of a new drone.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

The cost of repair is nowhere near the cost of a new one. I have the Evo Lite + and have never crashed it but have crashed several from DJI and had them repaired. If it is beyond repair, they will usually offer a good discount. As a rule of thumb, I tell the pilots that I train to get Care coverage from the manufacturer for the first year (especially if they are new to drones).
By reading your posts, you have a history with trees. :)

Good luck

Same thing just happened to me, but it was my fault... I was below a tree and had already overridden the RTH alert wanting to get a few more minutes out of it and next thing I knew, I missed the following warning and up it went trying to return to home and flew right up into the branches, wigged out and fell. Good news for me it was only about six to eight feet on grass, and so it's no worse for the wear. But with no obstacle avoidance on top (unlike my EVO 2 Pro), there was nothing to stop it from ascending into the tree branches...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo