Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

your worse drone experience?

skimcoat

Reaction score
mine has to be getting batteries for the Evo
not that their so hard but that vendors sell them when their not even in stock
first vendor i waited 10 days,called and was told their on backorder
the second vendor i called after 3 days making sure they were in stock and got a short quick message,they came today will ship tomorrow,well its been in pre-shipment 4 days so far ,which means simply a notice label has been created but ups hasn't received the item
im going to let this play out just to see its length but i got a battery from autel 2 days ago and its already half way here.
lesson learned is never use a drone vendor again

We should probably separate this question into worst drone experience in the air, and on the ground. Having an Apple iOS update ground your drone until you roll-back the update (not easy or advisable for a device with lot of important info on it) is pretty infuriating. Autel took weeks to fix the App.
Watching your drone flying wildly away from you at top speed over very rough ocean until you can’t see it anymore ranks up there for me. My XSP had a compass defect, later fixed, but THAT feeling of utterly helplessness is extremely unpleasant. Unexpectedly, it finally responded to the RTH button, even though I had no idea where it was...

i really wouldnt know about flight issues as ive been waiting 3+ weeks on a extra battery as one battery just isnt enough to even take on a flight route.

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems getting batteries.

I just received 3 batteries from Drone Works. Ordered Thursday and received them on Monday. Good job DW.

I had called Autel and they were out of stock.

I just received 3 batteries from Drone Works. Ordered Thursday and received them on Monday. Good job DW.

hmm,i ordered there 4 days before you,mine are still in pre-shipment

My worst drone experience was when it flew off on its own into the lagoon. I got it fixed for free but never bought another product of theirs again. Went to Autel with no regrets.

wow
i just talked to DW and basically was called a liar in that no way did you order 3 days after me as they go in purchase order,i can only assume since you ordered 3 then i got bumped back
oh well another 8 days waiting.

I had just got a Q500. This was when they were new. I flew it one time and it flew like a dream. Super easy to fly, stable, no problems. Took my son out and let him fly. Flew through a few batteries and finally we were ready to call it a day. He was too "inexperienced" to land near anything so I took control and was bringing it down. It was about 8 feet off the ground, just a few feet from a chain link fence. I wanted to bring it over to the parking lot (to my right). Pressed the stick to the right and flew it right into the chain link fence, it dropped, shattered a leg and the camera. Many f-words were said.

I had just got a Q500. This was when they were new. I flew it one time and it flew like a dream. Super easy to fly, stable, no problems. Took my son out and let him fly. Flew through a few batteries and finally we were ready to call it a day. He was too "inexperienced" to land near anything so I took control and was bringing it down. It was about 8 feet off the ground, just a few feet from a chain link fence. I wanted to bring it over to the parking lot (to my right). Pressed the stick to the right and flew it right into the chain link fence, it dropped, shattered a leg and the camera. Many f-words were said.
i think we've all been there or due too_O

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan