Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Service has destroyed any respect I may have had for their products

I own the Evo 2 Dual. The USA version. The most expensive drone they sell outside the dragonfish. They claim USA made despite simply putting a FLIR thermal on a stock Chinese Drone and charging $3000 more for it. My drone hasn't flown right since purchasing new. Spiraling around the sky with nearly complete compass errors on every flight. Send drone back. Receive a new hull in relatively quick order. GREAT!? No, still problems. Now RC inputs barely register to the craft. This craft is used in law enforcement. Do they care? No. Send drone back again stating I need clear communication of the process as I need a working drone for a deadline in 2 weeks. Drone goes back and mostly crickets. Calls put you on hold for 20 mins then just hangs up, fun. Told i would get drone back more than once. Today was the last straw. Finally got through and they stated they couldnt fix drone until they hear from engineers in china, 3 days after an email asking for status. I would have had enough time to acquire new drone by deadline. They nearly sent the drone back just swapping antennas until I told them I had already replaced those to verify. Now the deadline I needed drone back is 24 hours away. Begged for a solution, they said they would backdate firmware and send back so I could use it. But looks like it never shipped. Straight lie. No drone, no tracking, no response from anyone other than "we understand your frustrations." This company has serious issues. Whats worse is they dont seem to care. Understaffed is my guess. But any enterprise or law enforcement customers looking to invest in this company, Id give it SERIOUS thoughts.
The only advice that I could give to potential buyers of a new drone is, do not buy Autel. I don't care if they have the hottest thing on the market. They and it will let you down, and when it does, read my lips.

I am a recreational flyer, EVO 1. Your closing comment seem to be on the mark, spot on," This company has serious issues. Whats worse is they dont seem to care. "They don't seem to care" That only leads a company to one place. Just a matter of time. They will cut and run instead of addressing any of the issues they are facing. They are on borrowed time.

Even China has better things to do than watch my drone footage of neighborhood homes. And if they want to watch it, who cares? Obviously the military and agencies dealing with secret material would (and do) need to make sure there are safeguards, but 99.999% of users are not in that boat. As far as law enforcement goes, China could care less about local police matters unless it has something to do with our government -- like surveilling a Senator or something.
Aside from geofencing keeping them away from anything interesting, they seem bent on mapping out central FL (based on most member’s locations)

One thing I've learned in life, the more complex things become, the more chance for failure. Me, I'm a KISS person. Don't need or want all the fancy, latest stuff that is prone to failure and added expense. For me, drones are just for enjoyment, nothing more.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg