Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Yaw speed adjustment

Droneflyer

Reaction score
I could not find this in the search results so does anybody know if you can slow down the yaw speed on the Evo. I don’t mean the EXP adjustment I’m trying to slow down the overall speed of it In standard mode? I am somewhat new to the evo

You have 2 options here.

1. Be gentle with the sticks in order to achieve the desired speed.

2. Use Precision mode to achieve slower yaw speeds.

I could not find this in the search results so does anybody know if you can slow down the yaw speed on the Evo. I don’t mean the EXP adjustment I’m trying to slow down the overall speed of it In standard mode? I am somewhat new to the evo
@Droneflyer I use the base of the stick to get a smoother yaw in standard mode. If you can get used to using your thumb and index finger at the base it will smooth out your turns. It would be sensible for Autel to add an EXP for yaw as they have for the gimbal tilt. I fly another brand that allows you to modify all of the settings but the EVO is so quick to get into the air I grab it first. Great footage for a 1/2.3 " sensor.

Reactions: JTZ
There is an Expo for Yaw.
See page 34 of the Explorer application manual.
Only visible if the English language is selected in the phone.

There is an Expo for Yaw.
See page 34 of the Explorer application manual.
Only visible if the English language is selected in the phone.
@claudius62 You are correct. I forgot which of my drones I was thinking of...lol.. I have set the EXP as soft as it will go. The problem is that the aircraft will rotate left, slowly at first, then quickly. Still doesn't help much.

Reactions: Droneflyer
@claudius62 You are correct. I forgot which of my drones I was thinking of...lol.. I have set the EXP as soft as it will go. The problem is that the aircraft will rotate left, slowly at first, then quickly. Still doesn't help much.
When it changes speed, is it because you aplly more input?
20191130_123203.jpg
When you change the exp and apply little input, it will take longer for the drone tk react, since you made the deadzone longer. As you apoly more stick, you will notice that the curve will accelerate the speed faster. Sorry if I don't explain myself very well.

This is why I think it's best to leave it at 0 and do the smooth rotations manually. You will always get the same acceleration upon how much stick pressure you apply.

When it changes speed, is it because you aplly more input?
View attachment 5683
When you change the exp and apply little input, it will take longer for the drone tk react, since you made the deadzone longer. As you apoly more stick, you will notice that the curve will accelerate the speed faster. Sorry if I don't explain myself very well.

This is why I think it's best to leave it at 0 and do the smooth rotations manually. You will always get the same acceleration upon how much stick pressure you apply.
Interesting. I never thought to leave it at zero. I'm curious, if you switch to Precision mode, does it actually change the EXP value in the app or does it only change it on the back end? I'll have to try next time I fly. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD