Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Y axis to fast

Tank64

Reaction score
Autel needs to address the Y axis on the EVO, I have had my EVO for about week now and all video's has jerking on the yaw. Is there any one else having the same issue?

Mine was jerky until the latest firmware. Not only is it smoother than before, there is an option to slow down the yaw speed further. I have mine set to 70% speed now.

What frame rate do you usually film in? It seems logical to me that at 4k/60fps and other stuff happening on the fly such as auto WB, the in-camera processing would be stressed more than at, say, 30fps and manual settings (although I have seen very smooth EVO pans at max everything.

Or is this nothing to do with the camera/gimbal but all about the ability of the craft to turn smoothly? (My newbie turns are not exactly smooth but I suffer from what golfers call the yips when I get hold of the control sticks.)

Mine was jerky until the latest firmware. Not only is it smoother than before, there is an option to slow down the yaw speed further. I have mine set to 70% speed now.
I know where you can change the gimbal tilt speed. Where can you change the yaw speed?

I know where you can change the gimbal tilt speed. Where can you change the yaw speed?

I was mistaken. I had adjusted the gimbal pitch and thought it was yaw.
1540129201786.png

My left/right Yaw is noticeably smoother though compared to when I first flew the Evo. I had previously adjusted my EXP settings. At the time that didn't seem to affect anything, but perhaps the EXP is working in the latest firmware? I have mine set for 0.40 now.

1540129328702.png

#1 on the firmware release notes was: "Improved yaw smoothness". No clue as to how or where.

I haven't been able to find anything called "Precision Mode" yet.

I'm using the iOS app and don't see Precision Mode either. I think it is only available on the Beta Android app.
That was certainly the caveat attached to the last beta version but there is no such note with the final release.

UPDATE: I've just heard from Customer Support and this mode isn't available for IOS yet. They're working on it.

Last edited:
I was mistaken. I had adjusted the gimbal pitch and thought it was yaw.
View attachment 2838

My left/right Yaw is noticeably smoother though compared to when I first flew the Evo. I had previously adjusted my EXP settings. At the time that didn't seem to affect anything, but perhaps the EXP is working in the latest firmware? I have mine set for 0.40 now.

View attachment 2839
You may want to adjust to .20 for smoother yaw. And your gimbal pitch speed is way too high IMO. I wouldn't go over 20. That's if you want more cinematic footage, naturally. Understandably there are other reasons why one would want gimbal speed and yaw to be faster.

Autel needs to address the Y axis on the EVO, I have had my EVO for about week now and all video's has jerking on the yaw. Is there any one else having the same issue?

Although I have not had the Evo long enough to compare the last 2 revisions to the "original" software/firmware, I can say that the yaw is as good as the operator makes it.
It does require some finesse and control if going for that kind of shot.
The "EXP" settings only affect the mid-travel response of the sticks so if you are always finding yourself using a full apply in either direction, the EXP setting won't affect it.
Unless you've already done it...I would suggest calibration of the remote and carefully follow the instructions that require the motion of each to be held for a second as it is processed before moving the stick to the next position.
Yes, Precision mode is only available on android presently and does exactly as it suggests...slows/smooths everything (resembles the competition's " tripod mode")
The Apple apps require a certification so they need to be as fine-tuned/tested as possible before release so it doesn't have to be done ( certified) at each test step. Does Apple charge the developers to certify each app? Considering that DJI ( a competitor) has some sort of interest in Apple, It would also explain the delays? I am not sure about that at all so please correct me if I am wrong...That would explain trying to get the certification/approval for release done one time only?... Android apps are easier to release for testing so they will be updated much more frequently

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain