Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pro V3 RTK Thoughts

andrew124C41

Reaction score
Edit: Flew it again near my home and strangely all the problems resolved. I made several short flights with auto RTH and it landed right back on the H on the pad. Even the yaw was less wonky. I was able to do manual orbits.

I have absolutely no idea why over the course of 2 days at the club field I had these problems on a consistent basis. Anyway, I am happy that I can keep the drone and not have to go to war with Autel trying to return it.

Second day I flew it. Bottom line I am very disappointed.
The only good thing is the large smart controller.
With my V2 E2P, the drone never failed to land on the pad using GPS.

1) Despite having GPS lock with plenty of birds, the drone consistently was 20 feet or more off! Maybe two or three times the drone landed on the pad.

2) I thought perhaps that the reason many of the intelligent modes were removed was that Autel might have improved flight control. This could not have been further from the truth. With my V2, with quite a bit of practice I was able to orbit without either of the two stability intelligent modes. This drone is all over the place. It was as though changing the various sensitivity and expo functions had absolutely not effect. The yaw axis is really wonky. No matter what brake number I choose, braking is not smooth. Nothing is smooth!

As I said, I purchased this for the large SC. I don't need the RTK function.

The bottom line is that the only advantages I see to upgrading from the V2 are the large SC and RID. However, if the drone is difficult or impossible to fly manually, neither of these is of any use!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d