Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Stars Gone From Best Buy

Wildseyed

Reaction score
Best Buy in my area have removed the X-Star floor displays. My guess is that these are the new refurbished units available for purchase on AR store.

I wonder if this signals anything about the release of Evo.

Best Buy in my area have removed the X-Star floor displays. My guess is that these are the new refurbished units available for purchase on AR store.

When you see an EVO take the XSP's place at Best Buy, that might be a sign... who knows at this point. The eight Best Buy locations around this town have not had any XSP's for a couple of months so, it may be some of what Autel has comes from store returns. Anyway, the Autel Robotics store still has both colors available as refurbs. They've been there coming on a week now so, it doesn't look as though there were a mad rush to get them. No batteries yet

Someone posted this yesterday on facebook.
"Still for sale@ Best Buy. Mesa, AZ"
View attachment 2133

I've seen a few of those displays here however, the stores had no actual stock of X-Stars. I can 't say that's the case in Mesa, AZ. The displays here were just "dummies" The unit in the case (of the several I personally saw) was not capable of flight and that was obvious on taking a close look at it. Around the country there has to be a few XSP's in the stores but, I have to think they are clearing the shelf for something else... EVO perhaps?

We never did get the Autel products in our Canadian BestBuys. Mostly Yuneec and DJI parrot and some cheaper brands. Never did figure out why Autel never marketed better in Canada.

A salesman at the BestBuy in Plattsburgh saw me looking at quadcopters & said they were not going to carry the X-Star any more because the batteries kept exploding. He suggested the GoPro Karma as the best value or, get this-- DJI because of their "great consumer support".

I was there to purchase an SD card but found another salesman to it.

Salespeople are the last people to know about what is really going on. They just tell you whatever they need/want to say in order to get you to purchase what is presently on their shelves (and car lots).

A salesman at the BestBuy in Plattsburgh saw me looking at quadcopters & said they were not going to carry the X-Star any more because the batteries kept exploding.

I'd like to know where he got that factoid. It's BS.

As I said above, a salesperson will only tell you that they sell whatever they have in stock. Even if a saleperson is out of 'gizmos', but a competitor down the street still has a few in stock, the salesperson will tell you that 'gizmos' are no longer being made. That is one big reason (out of many) that many people are turning to the internet for their purchases. On the internet, an item is either 'in-stock' or 'out-of-stock' and you don't get an BS......... unless you contact the company and ask to speak with a salesperson. :)

They basically try to steer you to the product that pays them the highest spiff. If the dji pays .25 cents more, then they will tell you it's the best drone in the world with 5-star customer support. Also, if they have a product on display, but out of stock, then they will try to move you into something they do have.

You are absolutely right. That's what makes them a 'good sales person' (in the eyes of their employer). However, for the consumer, it is something to beware of.​

Best buy had a clearance a couple of wks ago on the online store for a price 769. I waited to order and they are gone. Snooze ya loose. I guess. Putting trust in Evo release soon.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE