Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Moratorium on X-star interest ?

ronco

Reaction score
Seems like i walked into an empty crypt here looking for info on my new to me X-star.
picking it up tomorrow and the best i can find is to make sure the batteries are good,.
two batteries,,program looks like a pretty good evaluation can be had right from there.
always wanted one,,think it's the color and shape :)
worst is fly for awhile then wall hanger while sorting the battery deal..
seems like nobody has found an easy solution in that area yet,,,of course in the last three days i havent managed to read "everything" on the subject yet.
anything you want to throw my way that would help or throw at me for considering one of these go ahead,and thank you.

Well,,picked it up today..
7 charges on the batteries.nice shape.
i see a lot about upgrading the firmware..as old as this thing is and as little as it has been used i would bet the firmware is original.
if somebody has a quicky to find current version and saves me the searching thank you.
found HOW to upgrade but nowhere on any site can i find a V2+ bin file... any suggestions there ??
tnx.

ok,found the bin file for 2.0.12
now i find complaints about glitches,also lots of full support for a great release..
Most of what i'm reading is years old also.
i dont know where to go with this ??

ok,found the bin file for 2.0.12
now i find complaints about glitches,also lots of full support for a great release..
Most of what i'm reading is years old also.
i dont know where to go with this ??
Most of us have moved on as you are finding out.....Find a couple more good batteries and treat them well as no-one has sorted out the what to do after there are no batteries to buy. Other than that you just need a few extra props and go fly!!!

Most of us have moved on as you are finding out.....Find a couple more good batteries and treat them well as no-one has sorted out the what to do after there are no batteries to buy. Other than that you just need a few extra props and go fly!!!
so,,,,should i upgrade firmware or no ?? and tnx for the reply..

I think my firmware is upgraded to the latest (which I'm sure was years ago). I still fly mine but I am down to 1 battery that I trust and 2 that don't get far away. I flew a couple months ago for a car video which was close-in work and it was pretty wayward even with a new set of props. There is someone on the Autel Facebook group that is attempting to resurrect old batteries with some success. I haven't seen much from them lately. Autel missed the boat with the X-Star, if they had continued with support and improvement, it could've been a Phantom rival especially with the detachable payload. Upgrade the control system and just build newer and improved cameras to hang on them and they would've had a fine revenue stream with parts, repair/replacement, accessories, but oh well.🤷‍♂️

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58