Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Parts Availability

Trainmaster

Reaction score
Spoke with Autel's today regarding parts and was told that they will not sell repair parts. Yes, the landing gear and housing are available on their Web site. But if you need anything else, the part must be installed by their repair service at regular labor rates.

Now I was ready to give them my order for a Premium to replace my beloved Upair, but the lack of parts may really be a deal breaker for me. Maybe after these become more popular and they begin getting parted out on ebay the parts will become available. But I've never paid anyone anything to fix my stuff and I'll shun a company that charges $100 to install a $30 motor.

So this is pushing me toward Phantom, where I can buy anything for any of their models.

What do you folks think? Thanks for any insight or advice.

- Eddie

Got no advice but just as an observer, if access to all parts is important to you and Autel's policy is to not sell all parts, Autel is taken off the list.

Reactions: Squirrel!
So are you saying you can call DJI and order a replacement motor for a Mavic?
Not at all... I haven't researched the details. My statement was "if they offer what you are looking for I say go for it". There are however third party Mavic salvage companies selling them.

In all my years of UAV building & flying I have never needed to replace a motor. I assume if you damaged a Mavic motor in a crash you probably need the entire folding arm.

Not at all... I haven't researched the details. My statement was "if they offer what you are looking for I say go for it". There are however third party Mavic salvage companies selling them.

In all my years of UAV building & flying I have never needed to replace a motor. I assume if you damaged a Mavic motor in a crash you probably need the entire folding arm.
Oh I thought you were saying DJI sells replacement parts. I have a Mavic and I only purchased it for the compact travel size. It is the only DJI product I have and I do not plan on others. I think the only way to have replacement parts is to build your own and I have done that a lot. I also crash very rarely so replacement parts have not been and issue.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials