Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Battery News

no, a P3 battery is an 4s, I've flown the X-star on them, hooked up the the autel battery motherboard
Oh OK

Tired to edit the chip information and hit a road block. The chip profile was not part of the profiles available in the software i was using. I am trying to work with the software guy to see if we can get it added.

Pix I saw looked like it had more than 4, which I found surprising, as it and the x-star appear to be basically built on the same assembly line..

BTW,
Any indication of a software 'lock' on either chip?

Hello. I have an X Star with bad batteries. I would like to propose that a bunch of us who are in the same situation get together and solicit Autel to revive the manufacture of X Star batteries. We need to avoid expressions of anger and threat (threat of switching to another brand) and instead emphasize that 'not having a battery for our X Stars is NO incentive to upgrade to an Evo.' In fact we would have more incentive to upgrade if we could be confident that we could receive replacement parts within a reasonable amount of time in the future. In fact, none of us would chose a car brand (no matter how good their cars are) if we knew that we couldn't get parts or service after a few years. Let's see if we can convince Autel to restart the manufacture of the batteries. That's our best chance, and it won't require that we try to modify or repair our existing batteries. Another suggest for Autel is that they institute a 'Battery recycling and replacement program.' Instead of just writing amongst ourselves here, we also need to be writing to Autel.

Oh OK

Pix I saw looked like it had more than 4, which I found surprising, as it and the x-star appear to be basically built on the same assembly line..

BTW,
Any indication of a software 'lock' on either chip?
not a lock but have not been able to read the chip and edit the parameters yet

Hello. I have an X Star with bad batteries. I would like to propose that a bunch of us who are in the same situation get together and solicit Autel to revive the manufacture of X Star batteries. We need to avoid expressions of anger and threat (threat of switching to another brand) and instead emphasize that 'not having a battery for our X Stars is NO incentive to upgrade to an Evo.' In fact we would have more incentive to upgrade if we could be confident that we could receive replacement parts within a reasonable amount of time in the future. In fact, none of us would chose a car brand (no matter how good their cars are) if we knew that we couldn't get parts or service after a few years. Let's see if we can convince Autel to restart the manufacture of the batteries. That's our best chance, and it won't require that we try to modify or repair our existing batteries. Another suggest for Autel is that they institute a 'Battery recycling and replacement program.' Instead of just writing amongst ourselves here, we also need to be writing to Autel.
to my understanding the lawsuit with DJI prevents them from making any more x-star items.

I'm new to this forum and joined with a similar conundrum about my dead X Star batteries. I'd love to support a dialogue with Autel but it sounds like slim odds for us (but a good idea, Cori). I'm not one who can refurbish my own batteries but would certainly pay someone to do it. Anybody want the business???

The problem is not in the actual batteries (cells), but in the electronics that control the batteries and even communicate the battery's condition to both the drone and to the controller. The electronics have both counters and memory in them so that it can retain operational characteristics of the battery. Duplicating or resetting those electronics is not an easy achievement. If Autel can't produce the replacement batteries for us (for legitimate legal reasons), perhaps they can share the 'reset & restore' procedure with those of us who are technically inclined, so that we can do it ourselves.
As I stated above, I think that this is an issue in which it would be most effective for US to work with Autel, rather than against them. This forum would be a good place for US to discuss, positive, constructive suggestions.

• Love
Reactions: KunBow
So I bought a Haisito HB6 LiPo charger with the hope of jump starting my 2 batteries. Only, not being that good with electronic, I'm not really sure how to connect any of the supplied leads to a battery. Or if it even can. There are other greater amount of leads that might be able to connect but I do admit to being a tad confused.
Anyone have any useful thoughts to share?

I have the X sStar drone. How do I figure out whether it is the Battery or the Charger that is malfunctioning . All batteries have lost their charge. The Charger will not charge the batteries but will charge the controller. Which pins on the charger are the output pins ?
If the battery is below 3.5 volts the charger won't charge them. You have to manually charge them etween 3.5 and 6.5 volts to get the charger to start charging them.

So I bought a Haisito HB6 LiPo charger with the hope of jump starting my 2 batteries. Only, not being that good with electronic, I'm not really sure how to connect any of the supplied leads to a battery. Or if it even can. There are other greater amount of leads that might be able to connect but I do admit to being a tad confused.
Anyone have any useful thoughts to share?
Check Aerial Drone Architect on YouTube. I have two different videos on bosting the power levels.

What I understand that after the DJI lawsuit they can't produce x-star parts anymore. I've gotten to the point of having a battery software read the batteries and working with a programmer to allow the code to be edited.

The problem is not in the actual batteries (cells), but in the electronics that control the batteries and even communicate the battery's condition to both the drone and to the controller. The electronics have both counters and memory in them so that it can retain operational characteristics of the battery. Duplicating or resetting those electronics is not an easy achievement. If Autel can't produce the replacement batteries for us (for legitimate legal reasons), perhaps they can share the 'reset & restore' procedure with those of us who are technically inclined, so that we can do it ourselves.
As I stated above, I think that this is an issue in which it would be most effective for US to work with Autel, rather than against them. This forum would be a good place for US to discuss, positive, constructive suggestions.
one problen is when you take the head board off the batter it woun't let you hook up other batteries to it

I have 5 batteries, 4 of which I was able to coax a charge into. How do I take the bad one apart?

I'm Back! At least for now. To sum it all up, during my busy part of the season with my side job, my dads cancer came back and Dr. visits and his care took all my time and more. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us as of November 27th 2021.

I plan to get back on this battery issue soon. I just read that Max Amps can not help us. I also read about the lawsuit with DJI so that could be the reason and they are just not saying.

I am back looking at some choices of cells. I'm not using anything cheap. I would like 50c if I can find them. I know it wont reset the charge count but I'm not concerned about that. But I will still keep looking for a company to produce them.

I'm Back! At least for now. To sum it all up, during my busy part of the season with my side job, my dads cancer came back and Dr. visits and his care took all my time and more. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us as of November 27th 2021.

I plan to get back on this battery issue soon. I just read that Max Amps can not help us. I also read about the lawsuit with DJI so that could be the reason and they are just not saying.

I am back looking at some choices of cells. I'm not using anything cheap. I would like 50c if I can find them. I know it wont reset the charge count but I'm not concerned about that. But I will still keep looking for a company to produce them.
Sorry for your lost. Why can't we use 18650 or 2700 battires? If only we could by pass the not know battery

hello i was wondering if there was any updates to this? i have an xstar drone with one battery and i cannot get it to charge

I don't have any to test but you should be able to read and clear PF flags on the BQ3055 battery management chip using the "DJI Battery Killer" software tool. People are doing it with DJI batteries after rebuilding or after manually charging a pack that dipped below 3V per call nominal. You will need to find the SDA/SCL data lines. Just YouTube it. I can put a link shortly. The software is free but donate if it is helpful to keep it improving.

I don't have any to test but you should be able to read and clear PF flags on the BQ3055 battery management chip using the "DJI Battery Killer" software tool. People are doing it with DJI batteries after rebuilding or after manually charging a pack that dipped below 3V per call nominal. You will need to find the SDA/SCL data lines. Just YouTube it. I can put a link shortly. The software is free but donate if it is helpful to keep it improving.
so i need this Amazon.com: YOULITTY CP2112 debug Board USB to I2C Communication Module : Electronics and the software and i should be able to reset it?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials