Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Battery News

can't send you a battery ... THAILAND COST??? But can send you any potos you want. just let me know what you are looking at
Just closeup views of the battery control board that hopefully will show any part #s on the chips used.

Attachments

• 20210914_090117.jpg
    20210914_090117.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210914_090120.jpg
    20210914_090120.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210914_090126.jpg
    20210914_090126.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210914_090135.jpg
    20210914_090135.jpg
    909.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210914_090138.jpg
    20210914_090138.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210914_090143.jpg
    20210914_090143.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210914_090146.jpg
    20210914_090146.jpg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210914_090153.jpg
    20210914_090153.jpg
    820.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210914_090200.jpg
    20210914_090200.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210914_090218.jpg
    20210914_090218.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 18
I have a big question??? isn't there a way to change the computer line code to leave out the need for battery Sn#
I'll pull the pix up on my laptop and see if I can make out what the numbers are on the chips, and from that, it will hopefully lead to some info on what is being used. It's bed time on this side of the International date line, and the 'boss' will not be pleased if I burn too much of the midnight oil!

Edit: Looks like a bit of corrosion on the one board?

Last edited:
Hey dumb question..

Anybody tear open a DJI Phantom3 battery?

Edit: Never mind. Found it. Appears to have 6 pouches in it.....

BTW - Internal pix of the DJI drone here..

Look familiar?

Aw, rats. No battery pix..

BTW - Internal Pix of the X - Star

Pix of battery control board is included.

Last edited:
Could you see if you can either remove some of the conformal coating and / or tell me what the numbers are of the chips in the photos ending in 135 and 143?

In 135, it's the one in the center of the board, in the bottom 1/3 of the picture, (I rotated it to try to read the number,) and in 143, it's the one also in the top 1/3 but offset to the right somewhat...

Thanks!

Attachments

• Chip-135.jpg
    Chip-135.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Chip-143.jpg
    Chip-143.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 8
I just 'bit the bullet' and purchased another entire drone kit for $400 that includes three batteries.

That will give me four to mess with, and spare parts. (The three batteries and charger on Ebay have been bid up to $405 so what the heck. Might as well get spare parts as well as three batteries..)

I just 'bit the bullet' and purchased another entire drone kit for $400 that includes three batteries.

That will give me four to mess with, and spare parts. (The three batteries and charger on Ebay have been bid up to $405 so what the heck. Might as well get spare parts as well as three batteries..)
So you have spare's.. do you or anybody know how to open the code to make system not look at battery Sn#. looked can't see it.

So you have spare's.. do you or anybody know how to open the code to make system not look at battery Sn#. looked can't see it.
I will have to get the part #s off of the chipset and see if we can somehow figure out how to get into them and look at how they are programmed.
I stumbled across someone else (I forget who,) that had a service where they could re-program some BMS boards, but they didn't mention the Autel ones.

I won't get the additional hardware in hand for at least three or four more days. Could be next week, depending on how FedEx manages to mangle the delivery. (They almost always do...)

• Love
Reactions: KunBow
I will have to get the part #s off of the chipset and see if we can somehow figure out how to get into them and look at how they are programmed.
I stumbled across someone else (I forget who,) that had a service where they could re-program some BMS boards, but they didn't mention the Autel ones.

I won't get the additional hardware in hand for at least three or four more days. Could be next week, depending on how FedEx manages to mangle the delivery. (They almost always do...)
some times A.D.A. has some info. but not for some time now. Hope to hear from you soon.. take care. Plus A.D.A. has video on easy opening the battery case

Well shucks. I keep waffling back and forth whether or not to sell mine. It's currently the backup to my backup, so realistically it's probably not going to get much air time. Every time I make up my mind to sell it one of you guys generates a glimmer of hope and I keep it. *sigh*

Well shucks. I keep waffling back and forth whether or not to sell mine. It's currently the backup to my backup, so realistically it's probably not going to get much air time. Every time I make up my mind to sell it one of you guys generates a glimmer of hope and I keep it. *sigh*
If we can figure out a work around the Achilles heel of these units, (batteries,) I think they would be serviceable for quite a few more years.
A.D.A has had some luck with mating up other RC packs and getting them in the air. His videos are very informative.

I -hope- to be able to figure out a bit about the BMS in the battery, but depending on how serious Autel was with preventing reverse-engineering, it could take a bit.

I would be nice if they would just relent and release the software tools to work on the BMS, but I'd say that is pretty close to zero since they want people to buy new drones.

I've got a mind to ask, but I have a feeling I would be a five digit number in the list of people who have..

Steve

I was given a Xstar priemum Drone from a family friend. 4 dead batteries that will not take charge and one that will charge.

The controller seems to be broken. I cannot even fly it.

I came here first to research everything so if anyone wants the complete package let me know. It will come with the drone, 3 dead batteries, 1 battery taking charge, extra blades, and charger. I didn’t even get to fly the drone so I have no idea if it even works. My friend said it worked great with the one battery with about 14-15 min flying time before the controller broke. Tried calibrating it but it didn’t work.

This is my first time posting so bare with me replying. Trying to figure all this out!

Last edited:
some times A.D.A. has some info. but not for some time now. Hope to hear from you soon.. take care. Plus A.D.A. has video on easy opening the battery case
Got the package after a lot of yelling at FedEx.. (Three or four shipments in the last 6 months using FedEx have ALL gone astray..)

Fired it up, and it has three batteries that all charged, and one pack has about 12 cycles on it!

Flew the pack I got with the first drone to as close to dead as I could to discharge it before starting an autopsy. Almost couldn't get it out of the drone because it swelled up so much.

Will be a few days before I have time to tear it down.

Got the package after a lot of yelling at FedEx.. (Three or four shipments in the last 6 months using FedEx have ALL gone astray..)

Fired it up, and it has three batteries that all charged, and one pack has about 12 cycles on it!

Flew the pack I got with the first drone to as close to dead as I could to discharge it before starting an autopsy. Almost couldn't get it out of the drone because it swelled up so much.

Will be a few days before I have time to tear it down.
Ok, the two main chips are a MSP430 micro controller and the other is a BQ3055 gas gauge cell balancer chip. Both from TI.

There is a development kit for the MSP430, so there might be a way to hook up to the bus system on the board to see what that is doing. The BQ3055 I'll have to do some more digging...

Attachments

• 20211003_000710.jpg
    20211003_000710.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211003_000357.jpg
    20211003_000357.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: KunBow
I was given a Xstar priemum Drone from a family friend. 4 dead batteries that will not take charge and one that will charge.

The controller seems to be broken. I cannot even fly it.

I came here first to research everything so if anyone wants the complete package let me know. It will come with the drone, 3 dead batteries, 1 battery taking charge, extra blades, and charger. I didn’t even get to fly the drone so I have no idea if it even works. My friend said it worked great with the one battery with about 14-15 min flying time before the controller broke. Tried calibrating it but it didn’t work.

This is my first time posting so bare with me replying. Trying to figure all this out!
let us know what you want for it

Ok, the two main chips are a MSP430 micro controller and the other is a BQ3055 gas gauge cell balancer chip. Both from TI.

There is a development kit for the MSP430, so there might be a way to hook up to the bus system on the board to see what that is doing. The BQ3055 I'll have to do some more digging...
Tired to edit the chip information and hit a road block. The chip profile was not part of the profiles available in the software i was using. I am trying to work with the software guy to see if we can get it added.

Hey dumb question..

Anybody tear open a DJI Phantom3 battery?

Edit: Never mind. Found it. Appears to have 6 pouches in it.....

BTW - Internal pix of the DJI drone here..

Look familiar?

Aw, rats. No battery pix..

BTW - Internal Pix of the X - Star

Pix of battery control board is included.
no, a P3 battery is an 4s, I've flown the X-star on them, hooked up the the autel battery motherboard

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials