Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Battery News

Fly-a-holic

Reaction score
I have reached out to Joshua at Max Amps for help with the X-Star batteries. He would like a battery sent to him. It does not have to be a good battery but he needs one for measuring the cells and seeing what has to be done to get us some batteries. We talked about making available a rebuild kit for DIY as well as rebuilding in house and making a whole new battery. I'm awaiting an email back. All 3 of my batteries are still air worthy and if someone could help by supplying a battery for Joshua, we can get this started. Please let me know what you all think about this.
Thanks everyone!

I have reached out to Joshua at Max Amps for help with the X-Star batteries. He would like a battery sent to him. It does not have to be a good battery but he needs one for measuring the cells and seeing what has to be done to get us some batteries. We talked about making available a rebuild kit for DIY as well as rebuilding in house and making a whole new battery. I'm awaiting an email back. All 3 of my batteries are still air worthy and if someone could help by supplying a battery for Joshua, we can get this started. Please let me know what you all think about this.
Thanks everyone!
I have modified they battery packs and have been testing it to try and find a way to get the boards to read the new battery. It still remembers the old battery pack and has not updated yet, I need to put up more info.

Attachments

• 20210103_203024[1].jpg
    20210103_203024[1].jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20210103_201608[1].jpg
    20210103_201608[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 49
I have modified they battery packs and have been testing it to try and find a way to get the boards to read the new battery. It still remembers the old battery pack and has not updated yet, I need to put up more info.
Oh, Thanks for posting the photos! That helps! Do you mind posting a link to the batteries you bought? As far as "reading" the new battery... Are you saying the "Times Charged" does not reset at 0? I'm not to worried about that because I keep a manual flight log myself. The voltages and load will have to be correct though. That is what I look at mostly.

I would be interested in finding some of these batteries as well. I have 3 x-star batteries that will take a charge, but I can only get a few mins flight time.

Thanks everyone!
I spotted some refurbished Phantom batteries on ebay for sale so I reached out to the seller and pointed him to this forum to let him know there's a need for refurbishing the X-Star batteries. He didn't commit but did thank me for the tip.

Reactions: Gregor1963
Thanks everyone!
Do you still need a battery for Joshua to test?

Thanks everyone!
wish I could. in Thailand. But all he needs is the top. that's the part that has the chip code for the battery. Or go into the code and delete the battery ck code.

I think if you just hook up the terminal to what you have done, it might just read the code from what you plug in. I have been busy. But that's what I want to try and do!!

Last edited:
The black battery is a 4000 mah and I got 15 mins 23 seconds for flight time, I forced it to stay up until it emergency landed so true flight time was around 14 mins. (the board only read it as 3200 after many charge and discharge cycles, still trying to get it to read the 4000.)

The Silver pack I built and learned after that I hoped it to be a 8800 mah but turns out that when you series the packs they equal out so I got the 2200 mah and I think that was just shy of 10 mins of flight time and this will fit back into the battery case.

Last edited:
Here is the battery head that I made from a swollen battery pack.

If you do this you have to use a volt meter and check all leads, they are not in an order that you would think.

Autel Head Back.JPG
Autel Head.JPG

Reactions: KunBow
hi im new here, and i have the same problem, dead batteries, any updates on how to make a new one or from were to buy? any help is really good only had chance to fly it for 3 times

I have the X sStar drone. How do I figure out whether it is the Battery or the Charger that is malfunctioning . All batteries have lost their charge. The Charger will not charge the batteries but will charge the controller. Which pins on the charger are the output pins ?

got some new updates and good test results
Anybody have a few dead x-star packs I could buy? I have one pack that seems to work pretty well, and don't want to take a chance on messing it up.

I'm a retired electronics tech, and I'd also like a crack at seeing what could be done with these packs.

BTW, anyone have some good, clear closeups of the BMS board to ID chip #s in lieu of getting one in my paws?

Anybody have a few dead x-star packs I could buy? I have one pack that seems to work pretty well, and don't want to take a chance on messing it up.

I'm a retired electronics tech, and I'd also like a crack at seeing what could be done with these packs.

BTW, anyone have some good, clear closeups of the BMS board to ID chip #s in lieu of getting one in my paws?
can't send you a battery ... THAILAND COST??? But can send you any potos you want. just let me know what you are looking at

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials