Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Battery News

steveb

Reaction score
no, a P3 battery is an 4s, I've flown the X-star on them, hooked up the the autel battery motherboard
Oh OK

Tired to edit the chip information and hit a road block. The chip profile was not part of the profiles available in the software i was using. I am trying to work with the software guy to see if we can get it added.

Pix I saw looked like it had more than 4, which I found surprising, as it and the x-star appear to be basically built on the same assembly line..

BTW,
Any indication of a software 'lock' on either chip?

Cori

Reaction score
Hello. I have an X Star with bad batteries. I would like to propose that a bunch of us who are in the same situation get together and solicit Autel to revive the manufacture of X Star batteries. We need to avoid expressions of anger and threat (threat of switching to another brand) and instead emphasize that 'not having a battery for our X Stars is NO incentive to upgrade to an Evo.' In fact we would have more incentive to upgrade if we could be confident that we could receive replacement parts within a reasonable amount of time in the future. In fact, none of us would chose a car brand (no matter how good their cars are) if we knew that we couldn't get parts or service after a few years. Let's see if we can convince Autel to restart the manufacture of the batteries. That's our best chance, and it won't require that we try to modify or repair our existing batteries. Another suggest for Autel is that they institute a 'Battery recycling and replacement program.' Instead of just writing amongst ourselves here, we also need to be writing to Autel.

Aerial Drone Architect

Reaction score
Oh OK

Pix I saw looked like it had more than 4, which I found surprising, as it and the x-star appear to be basically built on the same assembly line..

BTW,
Any indication of a software 'lock' on either chip?
not a lock but have not been able to read the chip and edit the parameters yet

Aerial Drone Architect

Reaction score
Hello. I have an X Star with bad batteries. I would like to propose that a bunch of us who are in the same situation get together and solicit Autel to revive the manufacture of X Star batteries. We need to avoid expressions of anger and threat (threat of switching to another brand) and instead emphasize that 'not having a battery for our X Stars is NO incentive to upgrade to an Evo.' In fact we would have more incentive to upgrade if we could be confident that we could receive replacement parts within a reasonable amount of time in the future. In fact, none of us would chose a car brand (no matter how good their cars are) if we knew that we couldn't get parts or service after a few years. Let's see if we can convince Autel to restart the manufacture of the batteries. That's our best chance, and it won't require that we try to modify or repair our existing batteries. Another suggest for Autel is that they institute a 'Battery recycling and replacement program.' Instead of just writing amongst ourselves here, we also need to be writing to Autel.
to my understanding the lawsuit with DJI prevents them from making any more x-star items.

Toaf in Denver

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and joined with a similar conundrum about my dead X Star batteries. I'd love to support a dialogue with Autel but it sounds like slim odds for us (but a good idea, Cori). I'm not one who can refurbish my own batteries but would certainly pay someone to do it. Anybody want the business???

Cori

Reaction score
The problem is not in the actual batteries (cells), but in the electronics that control the batteries and even communicate the battery's condition to both the drone and to the controller. The electronics have both counters and memory in them so that it can retain operational characteristics of the battery. Duplicating or resetting those electronics is not an easy achievement. If Autel can't produce the replacement batteries for us (for legitimate legal reasons), perhaps they can share the 'reset & restore' procedure with those of us who are technically inclined, so that we can do it ourselves.
As I stated above, I think that this is an issue in which it would be most effective for US to work with Autel, rather than against them. This forum would be a good place for US to discuss, positive, constructive suggestions.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrycurl