Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Will a phone with a 32MB operating system work with the Nano Plus?

AntoineDSE

Reaction score
When I bought my Autel Evo, I got a cheap mobile phone (an Alcatel Joy 1) to use with it. I would now like to buy a Nano Plus, but this phone only has a 32mb operating system, and a lot of drone apps (such as the DJI Fly app) need a 64mb OS. Does anyone know if I will be able to use the Alcatel Joy 1 with the Nano Plus? Thanks.

When I bought my Autel Evo, I got a cheap mobile phone (an Alcatel Joy 1) to use with it. I would now like to buy a Nano Plus, but this phone only has a 32mb operating system, and a lot of drone apps (such as the DJI Fly app) need a 64mb OS. Does anyone know if I will be able to use the Alcatel Joy 1 with the Nano Plus? Thanks.
Download and install the AutelSky app. If it runs then it should be fine with your Nano+
If it doesn't then you'll know that you will need a different phone.

Reactions: trontar
so far i havent been able to get them to work.
I swear this nano+ is costing me over $1000 just to get up and running, fortunatly i have a new iphone so i wont need to shell out $200 for a modern phone to run the sky app

i can see already this will be the last product i buy from Autel, and i sure as hck ain't gonna run a DJI product

I've just tried downloading the Autel Sky app and it just says 'this version is not compatible with your device'.

I had the same problem when I bought a DJI Mini 2 - I had to shell out for a Samsung Galaxy tablet I didn't need just to get the thing to work. I'll try the tablet with this app, but I'd have much preferred a phone as you don't need to fiddle around with brackets.

Do you mean 32 bit operating system ?
II had the same problem with an older Samsung Android phone when I bought the DJI Mini 2 and needed a 64 bit phone to run the app .
Same thing with Autel. I needed or we all need 64 bit operating system.
I wound up buying a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus 64 Bit. That added $200.00 more to the hobby. The S8 work very well with my Autel Evo 2.
I've since replace the phone and tablet with Autel Smart Controller.
32MB refers to memory not operating system.

I've just tried downloading the Autel Sky app and it just says 'this version is not compatible with your device'.

I had the same problem when I bought a DJI Mini 2 - I had to shell out for a Samsung Galaxy tablet I didn't need just to get the thing to work. I'll try the tablet with this app, but I'd have much preferred a phone as you don't need to fiddle around with brackets.
That's your answer then.

Do you mean 32 bit operating system ?
II had the same problem with an older Samsung Android phone when I bought the DJI Mini 2 and needed a 64 bit phone to run the app .
Same thing with Autel. I needed or we all need 64 bit operating system.
I wound up buying a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus 64 Bit. That added $200.00 more to the hobby. The S8 work very well with my Autel Evo 2.
I've since replace the phone and tablet with Autel Smart Controller.
32MB refers to memory not operating system.
how much u want for the S8?

• Sad
Reactions: GM Dave
how much u want for the S8?
Sorry It's not for sale. I use it with my Rove R3 Dash Cam now.
Sometimes I swap the Cellular chip from my Samsung J7 V 32 bit phone and use the S8+ for the phone.
I got it from Verizon used in mint condition. I've seen them on Amazon for as low as $132.00.
So sorry and good luck getting up and running.

Used android phones with 64-bit cpus are already detrius and can be had for a couple cases of beer. First 64-bit android phones hit around 2016 and were based on Snapdragon 410 SoC. To get decent performance i'd look at something like a Snapdragon 820 or better. A ZTE Axon 7 with scratches starts around 45 euros here.
The transition from 32 to 64 wasn't as simple as just using a 64-bit cpu. Here's a bit of a blerb on that.

• Wow
Reactions: GM Dave
I had an older Lenovo 8" tablet that will no longer work with the Sky app as it is only a 32bit operating system. Just picked up a new Lenovo Tab8 8" tablet running Android 11 at Walmart for $69.99. They told me they were left over Black Friday tablets and when they were gone they were gone. It works great with the sky app. Robot or human?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo