Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ Sale - Worst thing I ever did.

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
Lured in but advertising and promises and a dedicated controller and high wind stability. I bought a Mavic Mini 3 Pro and immediately put my Nano + up for sale. I sold the nano Plus in 3 days to a very nice Australian guy who was travelling around Scotland. There was nothing wrong with my nano+ other than it was grey and I like Orange. I just was lured in by the DJI advertising that the Mini 3 Pro was better. Nope. Having now had a chance to look at the stills and video, there is a blurry top right and blurry distorted bottom right of the stills and video. Plus the lens flare is awful. The amount of grain in lower light is awful.
Having gone back and looked at the Nano + images and video in similar light and conditions. Why the hell did I sell the drone, it was pin sharp across the frame, little noise, the details from the 50mp mode blows the Mini 3 Pro out of the water. All I wanted was a dedicated controller as I kept misplacing the cables and now it looks like I bought a dud and am outside of the return window as I have been too busy since I got it to check the images with it. Now having to go through DJI's service tickets to resolve this. I am an idiot.

Lured in but advertising and promises and a dedicated controller and high wind stability. I bought a Mavic Mini 3 Pro and immediately put my Nano + up for sale. I sold the nano Plus in 3 days to a very nice Australian guy who was travelling around Scotland. There was nothing wrong with my nano+ other than it was grey and I like Orange. I just was lured in by the DJI advertising that the Mini 3 Pro was better. Nope. Having now had a chance to look at the stills and video, there is a blurry top right and blurry distorted bottom right of the stills and video. Plus the lens flare is awful. The amount of grain in lower light is awful.
Having gone back and looked at the Nano + images and video in similar light and conditions. Why the hell did I sell the drone, it was pin sharp across the frame, little noise, the details from the 50mp mode blows the Mini 3 Pro out of the water. All I wanted was a dedicated controller as I kept misplacing the cables and now it looks like I bought a dud and am outside of the return window as I have been too busy since I got it to check the images with it. Now having to go through DJI's service tickets to resolve this. I am an idiot.
At least you're a smart idiot. Just kidding of course. You aren't an idiot at all.

I too have the Nano+ and the Mini 3p. I like the Mini 3p but prefer the Nano+ as long as the wind is low. The Mini 3p should give you better picture and video quality than you describe though so maybe there's a physical reason for the issue like dirt got inside the lens or something.

One of the my favorite features of the Nano+ is it will take photos while I take video. It seems to be an Autel exclusive.

It is good to hear a few feel good stories about the Nano+, here on this forum that model seems to be all doom and gloom.

Stories like this motivate me to stick with it, even though I have big problems with Autel support. I bought a nano+ with defect gimbal on Ebay and was asking for suport at Autel many times now. I got one feedback to send in pictures and documentation of the issue, but since then, no reaction. Asked many times for an update but nothing from them...So I'm right in between struggling, if I should sell it again as damaged or wait if they are going to reply later...very frustrating. I'm wondering, if I ever will get it back, when I need to send it in for repair, when they are so slow on feedback...

Stories like this motivate me to stick with it, even though I have big problems with Autel support. I bought a nano+ with defect gimbal on Ebay and was asking for suport at Autel many times now. I got one feedback to send in pictures and documentation of the issue, but since then, no reaction. Asked many times for an update but nothing from them...So I'm right in between struggling, if I should sell it again as damaged or wait if they are going to reply later...very frustrating. I'm wondering, if I ever will get it back, when I need to send it in for repair, when they are so slow on feedback...

Unfortunately I think you are learning the hard way to never buy a drone on eBay. Autel will only provide support if you buy from an authorized seller; eBay is full of scams, counterfeit, and damaged equipment. My camera gear all has the same restrictions, I would get no support on any of my cameras if I bought them from somewhere like eBay. You can read a longer thread on why and what other users have experienced here. If at all possible, I would try to immediately return the drone to the eBay seller, it is your only feasible option at this point.

Reactions: EBERLS
At least you're a smart idiot. Just kidding of course. You aren't an idiot at all.

I too have the Nano+ and the Mini 3p. I like the Mini 3p but prefer the Nano+ as long as the wind is low. The Mini 3p should give you better picture and video quality than you describe though so maybe there's a physical reason for the issue like dirt got inside the lens or something.

One of the my favorite features of the Nano+ is it will take photos while I take video. It seems to be an Autel exclusive.
You mentioned something i don't even know... I take pics all the time while rolling video... They are only 8mp but very good. If i see something i want then I stop and switch to camera with 50mp set... My only wish is that the shutter button on the remote was always for stills even during video... Pet peave. Was gonna go for a mini4 eventually but not being able to get stills during a video would drive me nuts..
Side note. I still go out when its windy. I make sure to fight the wind first so the return is with the wind and easy when the battery is down. I have ludicrous mode set for speed but still notice it will fly faster backwards so keep that in mind when fighting the wind. The gymbal only tilts so far up so thats what limits the speed forward even in fpv mode. I fly backwards on low battery if i do get caught in wind i usually just use the gages to get me back though... Wish return to home would actually do it backwards too or at least not care about camera position... It had caught up in the wind that way. Able to do it better myself backwards.

Reactions: ADOC and Eagle928
the mini 3 pro is a sweet drone, but what you describe sounds like a decentered lens. google decentered lens test and see if this is the case. if so, sounds like a warranty issue..

the mini 3 pro also has some serious vignetting and a color shifting that follows the vignetting.. you notice it if you shoot raw images and look at it without corrections. however, i am able to correct it enough for my purposes.
as far as wind goes.. haha the mini 3 pro flight time is cut in half if you breathe on it.

i have an autel evo lite+ and i am more impressed by the mini 3 pro. i would definitely consider a nano especially after reading your praise of it.

I went from a mini 2 to the nano plus and would never go back to dji, customer service aside it is a fantastic drone as long as you don't need tracking which I think is a bit of a gimmick anyway. Simple and great to fly, does exactly what it's supposed to do, and the image quality especially in low light is amazing

I love my Nano+. It’s true, this board is mostly doom and gloom about it and yeah it has some quirks now and then but overall, very little. I think the image quality is great and the night time ability is amazing for the price point and size. However, the most important thing over dji is that Autel does not command where you can and cannot fly. The restricted zones on dji has gotten to the point that it’s hard to fly anywhere where I live and I’m in a college town, not a metropolitan area. For that alone, I hate dji. I’ve also picked up quite a bit of work being able to fly places dji owners can’t.

Reactions: Eagle928
I love my Nano+. It’s true, this board is mostly doom and gloom about it and yeah it has some quirks now and then but overall, very little. I think the image quality is great and the night time ability is amazing for the price point and size. However, the most important thing over dji is that Autel does not command where you can and cannot fly. The restricted zones on dji has gotten to the point that it’s hard to fly anywhere where I live and I’m in a college town, not a metropolitan area. For that alone, I hate dji. I’ve also picked up quite a bit of work being able to fly places dji owners can’t.
Thats why realtors love them... They can get property shots inside and out right beside the airport. They aren't interested in going high or far... They want to be able to take off.

Reactions: Eagle928
Thats why realtors love them... They can get property shots inside and out right beside the airport. They aren't interested in going high or far... They want to be able to take off.
Exactly. Sometimes you just need to take off, you aren’t going but 100 ft up max for 3 minutes, most of it is much lower and everything you need to do is done in less than 10 min. With dji, lifting off the ground 5 ft is not even an option and the airport is still 8 miles away.

Maybe you just didnt have Auto Set.?

New NANO+ owner here, still awaiting my sdcard order so I can record :rolleyes:
My first view of video from the Nano+ blew me away TBH, I though wow, that looks better than my Gopro11. :D
Zero Regrets, but lots of wants, like WP planning, and maybe larger battery.

I bounced around for two months between getting a DJI, a Potensic Atom or a Autel Nano+. But after reading reviews, and watching YouTube videos. I decided on the Autel. To me the Potensic just didn't feel right and the DJI just had too much bloatware tacked on to it.

I purchased the Nano+ bundle when it was on sale. And after getting it flight ready (calibrations and updates and all) I took it on its first flight. Thinking there was either something wrong with it, or just pure operator error, I contacted a fellow Autel pilot as well as Autel customer service. Both got back to me quickly and I learned it was just operator error (i.e. The drone is smarter than I am)

Have I caught hell from fellow drone pilots that are die hard "Only DJI should exist on the planet"? Yes I have. But you know what? I think of it as the Ford verses Chevy arguments that haver been going on since they were both on this earth. There will always be haters. But screw the haters. Fly what you are happy with and to hell with what others think. One thing to keep in mind...no matter what brand it is. If its got Chinese parts in it the Feds are going to do their damnedest to make an example of it. So with that being the case, no matter what we fly, we need to stick together.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo