Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

why is autel so much better than dji

paul holt

Reaction score
well the build quality is so much nicer wont see an cracks from these plus customer support goes way beyond to help you out . plus its a pumpkin

While the X-Star is a nice quad, it has a long ways to go to equal what DJI has to offer. There are many useful things on a DJI that the Autel just can't compete with yet. Let's hope that Autel listens to it's early adopter users and continues to update the craft.

While the X-Star is a nice quad, it has a long ways to go to equal what DJI has to offer. There are many useful things on a DJI that the Autel just can't compete with yet. Let's hope that Autel listens to it's early adopter users and continues to update the craft.
they are talk with them alot

many things autel has dji doesn't
removable gimble
telemetry on rc
just as far or better range
customer support
get a case
64 gig sd card
lanyard
no cracks in shell
fly waypoints without having to fly them first

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
Which things?
There are many, here are a few that come to mind...
  • No log playback
  • No expo or gain settings
  • No EXIF data in raw photos
  • No SDK, no apps
  • Shorter range (personal experience, location is everything)
  • No saved video on device
  • no way to see vids or pics in app
  • no signal meters for control or video feed
  • unpolished movements/control

You can see videos and images in the app. There is a small image just over the Record icon which will bring up an album. I don't think you can get full resolution though.

Why are these still disabled? In their own reference video it shows them working.
In the correspondence I had with them they said they are for features they hope to bring to the app in the future. o_O

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 11.35.01 PM✨.png

well the build quality is so much nicer wont see an cracks from these plus customer support goes way beyond to help you out . plus its a pumpkin
I agree with LuvMyTJ. Autel has a ways to go before a true comparison to the p4 or p3 can be made. If you think Autel is going to take DJI down, I refer you to the 3dr Solo, didn't quite work out for the dji haters. The Autel seems to be a nice quad, if Autel keeps the attitude of just competing with dji and not trying to take them out, they will do fine. DJI has too much market share and too much money to try and take them down. I am pretty sure, with the new mavic, cracks will be a thing of the past. I have a P3 pro and it has been very solid, so far. I think I will wait a while before I jump on the Autel band wagon, and see how it fares.

Reactions: Rawdog
I agree with LuvMyTJ. Autel has a ways to go before a true comparison to the p4 or p3 can be made. If you think Autel is going to take DJI down, I refer you to the 3dr Solo, didn't quite work out for the dji haters. The Autel seems to be a nice quad, if Autel keeps the attitude of just competing with dji and not trying to take them out, they will do fine. DJI has too much market share and too much money to try and take them down. I am pretty sure, with the new mavic, cracks will be a thing of the past. I have a P3 pro and it has been very solid, so far. I think I will wait a while before I jump on the Autel band wagon, and see how it fares.
don't forget autel has been in business longer than dji so they know what they are doing

Autel has technically been in business longer (Automotive sector) compared to DJI. However, I think we can all agree that Autel's "first" UAV product (X-Star) is a good contender against DJI and may have pushed DJI to "up" their customer support in the USA. You can bet more is to come from Autel Robotics.

Reactions: paul holt
Cmon guys. Autel has built their first uav. It has some good things going for it. I'm curious will you guys be upset if they release a new version in a few months? They will need to in order to keep up.

Reactions: Uavdude
.... The Autel seems to be a nice quad, if Autel keeps the attitude of just competing with dji and not trying to take them out, they will do fine. ...
What's the difference between "just competing with" and "trying to take [DJI] out"?

Cmon guys. Autel has built their first uav. It has some good things going for it. I'm curious will you guys be upset if they release a new version in a few months? They will need to in order to keep up.

I would only be upset if they stopped refining the current platform.

did you see dji suing autel for design of aircraft guess dji is upset that autel aircraft don't have stress cracks like there's

Dji sues everyone.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I would only be upset if they stopped refining the current platform.
Ok, so best case scenario for you would be a new bird in 6 months and new cams for the current premium? If that happened I'm with you that's awesome. It would be pretty uncommon as I haven't seen any company do that yet. It would increase the value of the current X Stars and be great for those who purchased already.

I forgot about the Inspire that is a platform that is upgradeable.

Reactions: Rawdog

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials