Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Why aren't pilots involved with design?

You're saying distance doesn't matter, but then you're saying it does matter. I'm more than good with it. Not interested in the least in DJI.
Not selling DJI. Just asking Autel to give us the same level of Yaw control for cinematic video results. I wasn't talking about distance. It's what happens to the yaw control when you continue to yaw into a tight turn, rather than maintaining a constant yaw in a distant orbit where you are barely touching the stick. The yaw expo control is still way too fast for decent results for cinematic video. It's an easy app fix, if Autel would simply prioritize it. If Autel expects to ever compete with DJI, it's a requirement for cinematographers.

Reactions: jafemu1
To my mind, it's about altitude and speed. Cranking along at full speed means we need yaw that's not also comparably fast, especially at high altitudes.

To my mind, it's about altitude and speed. Cranking along at full speed means we need yaw that's not also comparably fast, especially at high altitudes.
We are in agreement, but the problem at high elevations does not appear nearly as bad as at low elevations when the subject is larger in the frame, moving by faster in a turn, making the unsmooth change in an increase in yaw even more noticeable. The low value for Yaw expo needs to be able to be set to 10%( like all DJI yaw expo setting minimums), instead of the EVO lowest value of 20%. Should easily be fixable in the Explorer app. Shame to have such a stellar 4K 60fps camera on the EVO without proper cinematic controls to dial back the yaw expo properly.

Last edited:
Yeah, I get what your saying, but even though I haven't tried what you're describing, I have to think it's possible.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE