Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

White XSP With Orange Landing Gear

xspwhite

Reaction score
I ordered some black props for my white XSP, and decided for the nine bucks I would try on the orange landing gear. I do have an orange battery coming as well.

As much as I would have like to make the top orange, I didn't feel like paying $70.00 for a body. Maybe later if they ever lower the price some I'll give that a shot. Also, I might swap the top stickers out for black, but only if it keeps on raining here in good ole Michigan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
I ordered some black props for my white XSP, and decided for the nine bucks I would try on the orange landing gear. I do have an orange battery coming as well.

As much as I would have like to make the top orange, I didn't feel like paying $70.00 for a body. Maybe later if they ever lower the price some I'll give that a shot. Also, I might swap the top stickers out for black, but only if it keeps on raining here in good ole Michigan.
Hey, I like it. I thought about taking mine off and spray painting them red to match the prop guards I painted red. When you replace the landing gear, you have to disconnect some wiring, correct?

I bet that was fun to do. All those compass and antenna wires to deal with.
I have dyed parts on my UAV's before... poly dye is what you'll need for that job. It can be had at craft stores or even Wally world.

My wife walked in, and said: "Good God your taking that thing apart already?". It wasn't to bad, (somewhat of a pain) I had to cut out the wire holding slots on the old gear with a little knife as to not damage the fradgil little wires. So I certainly won't be reusing the old gear unless I really had to. Also, one of the legs has a little chip snapped in to the bottom of it, and you have to unplug the wire and gingerly pry the chip out with out breaking it. It has a little door that snaps on over it. As soon as I was finished I took outside for a test ride through the woods and everything seems fine.

The top stickers don't matched the new gear real well so this evening I replaced some of them with the extra black stickers that came with the gear. It's been pouring rain all day here.

Also, a guy on eBay has made me a nice decale with something like: "if found call this ph #", along with the name I gave the quad and, the FAA # on the bottom. It's round and goes on the top middle of the quad. He used black letters with orange outline. He put it in the mail today. It was seven or eight dollers with free shipping.

Anyway, here is the latest picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 27
I bet that was fun to do. All those compass and antenna wires to deal with.
I have dyed parts on my UAV's before... poly dye is what you'll need for that job. It can be had at craft stores or even Wally world.
When I google poly dye, Rit fabric dye pops up the most. That's not what you're talking about is it? Do you know the brand name?

I bet the Sharpie Permanent markers work well. I'm thinking scuff the area with very fine sand paper and, paint with marker, but test on another similar plastic first.

When I google poly dye, Rit fabric dye pops up the most. That's not what you're talking about is it? Do you know the brand name?
Yes sir! I used some other brand that is popular but RIT has the same thing. Plan on doing this outside if possible as it smells something awful. I used a storage tub to do my Phantom 2 Zenshell as I didn't have anything else big enough. I would not recommend Sharpies :D you would never be able to get even coverage.

IMG_0936.jpg IMG_1106.jpg

Do you just put it on with a rag?
No, you need to soak the parts. When used for fabrics they want you to boil it :eek: So I got the water up to boiling, then I let it cool slightly and then soaked the parts overnight. It will take a few hours at least depending on the color your going for. If you go over to the PhantomPilots site and search for prop dye you will find lots of threads on it. Guys started dying props (which is the regular dye, not poly due the type of plastic), which turned into hull parts getting dyed.

Oh OK, I thought you were talking about coloring or painting them without having to remove them from the aircraft. I would like to paint the landing gear without removing them because of the wiring. Might just try painting with a good quality small brush.

Decorated mine with DIY stickers and permanent ink markers, except for prop guards...spray painted them.

Attachments

• painted bird.jpg
    painted bird.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 17
Decorated mine with DIY stickers and permanent ink markers, except for prop guards...spray painted them.

That looks sweet! Here's an update on mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 12
Orange battery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 11