Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Weak GPS, is this normal?

uberamd

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I just decided to pick up an Evo 1 to accompany my Evo 2 Pro, and I’m noticing that the ability for the Evo 1 to hold GPS satellites seems very weak. At least those are my early impressions.

For example, just now when flying in my backyard — where I fly the Evo 2, Air 2s, and Mini 2 — the Evo 1 kept going between 2 and 3 bars of GPS (is there a way to show satellite count?). I took off when it finally locked into gps mode.

Then, randomly, 10 minutes after taking off, it showed it was in atti mode 300 feet up in a place where I never have GPS issues. It was bizarre.

Is GPS reception just weak on this guy? I love the drone and am really a fan of my non-DJI gear, but this gps signal stuff has me wondering about this Evo 1.

Note: it was purchased from Autel directly as a refurb bundle. Just got it a few days ago.

Hey folks,

I just decided to pick up an Evo 1 to accompany my Evo 2 Pro, and I’m noticing that the ability for the Evo 1 to hold GPS satellites seems very weak. At least those are my early impressions.

For example, just now when flying in my backyard — where I fly the Evo 2, Air 2s, and Mini 2 — the Evo 1 kept going between 2 and 3 bars of GPS (is there a way to show satellite count?). I took off when it finally locked into gps mode.

Then, randomly, 10 minutes after taking off, it showed it was in atti mode 300 feet up in a place where I never have GPS issues. It was bizarre.

Is GPS reception just weak on this guy? I love the drone and am really a fan of my non-DJI gear, but this gps signal stuff has me wondering about this Evo 1.

Note: it was purchased from Autel directly as a refurb bundle. Just got it a few days ago.

I'm going to guess that there is something wrong with it; especially when you lost signal at 300', this typically indicates a loose GPS antenna cable. I would run (not walk) away from that drone especially since EVO 1 batteries are about to be impossible to obtain.

I'm going to guess that there is something wrong with it; especially when you lost signal at 300', this typically indicates a loose GPS antenna cable. I would run (not walk) away from that drone especially since EVO 1 batteries are about to be impossible to obtain.
My EVO I is solid as far as GPS is concerned.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo