Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pro - GPS & Gimball issues

CyCosper

Reaction score
I bought the EVO II over a year ago and have just now gotten around to using it.
It's my 2nd day of youtube-learning all of its features, and I'm having two consistent issues.

1. Whether I'm inside or outside, the GPS doesn't seem to work. Without the GPS I can't complete the compass calibration steps. GPS works fine on my iphone, so my guess is there's no issue with the satellites.

2. I've calibrated the gimbal successfully, but the manual pitch, roll and yaw controls do nothing. I even customized the A button to act as a toggle between 0 and 90 degrees, but the gimbal won't budge. Considering my main use for this drone is to get indoor shots from tricky angles, I absolutely need the camera lens to move. I know it's not jammed or anything because it moves just fine during the calibration sequence.

Any suggestions on either?

thanks,
Cy Cosper

I bought the EVO II over a year ago and have just now gotten around to using it.
It's my 2nd day of youtube-learning all of its features, and I'm having two consistent issues.

1. Whether I'm inside or outside, the GPS doesn't seem to work. Without the GPS I can't complete the compass calibration steps. GPS works fine on my iphone, so my guess is there's no issue with the satellites.
Contact Autel support. In the meantime, when outside, how long do you let the aircraft and app wait to see if you get any GPS? Are you seeing any satellites and how many via the app and/or controller display? If you have an app like UAVforecast, how many satellites does it show that you should (or could) have? Are you in a heavily forested area, or, surrounded by tall buildings by chance? Also verify what fw/sw version your aircraft, controller/app are at. If you have had the aircraft for over a year and never flown, there could very well be some updates needed.

2. I've calibrated the gimbal successfully, but the manual pitch, roll and yaw controls do nothing. I even customized the A button to act as a toggle between 0 and 90 degrees, but the gimbal won't budge. Considering my main use for this drone is to get indoor shots from tricky angles, I absolutely need the camera lens to move. I know it's not jammed or anything because it moves just fine during the calibration sequence.
Verify gimbal cover is off, also visually verify there are no obstructions, clear tape or anything preventing the gimbal to move. Btw, what fw/sw versions are you at with the controller/app and aircraft?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials