Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoints Q

Nightbat2

Reaction score
In Waypoint mode there’s an option to alter what the Evo does when it completes the run (hover, land, go home, return to 1st). Does anyone know if return to 1st point is chosen, whether. the drone retraces its path or takes the most direct route back to point 1?

In Waypoint mode there’s an option to alter what the Evo does when it completes the run (hover, land, go home, return to 1st). Does anyone know if return to 1st point is chosen, whether. the drone retraces its path or takes the most direct route back to point 1?
Direct route to 1.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Direct route to 1.
An important point. Down here in Oz you are not allowed to fly over buildings or people. To get some aerials of my own village without breaking this rule, I need to plan a zig-zag route that follows farmland and open space. If return to 1 is chosen, it would take a ‘short cut’ over several streets. Back to the drawing board...

An important point. Down here in Oz you are not allowed to fly over buildings or people. To get some aerials of my own village without breaking this rule, I need to plan a zig-zag route that follows farmland and open space. If return to 1 is chosen, it would take a ‘short cut’ over several streets. Back to the drawing board...
Just make waypoints that take you back home.

Just make waypoints that take you back home.
Yes. Funnily enough, when I was doing an offline route yesterday, and included return Waypoints, I got a message to the effect that the distance was too great. Well under the Evo’s claimed range. Will have to see if I can replicate that.

Reactions: RCAdik
Other solution is to fly it manually. Why doesn't CASA allow you to fly over buildings? What is their logic behind that?

Other solution is to fly it manually. Why doesn't CASA allow you to fly over buildings? What is their logic behind that?
There is a blanket ban on flying over what they call “populous” areas unless you can get a waiver (and there are conditions attached). The rationale is that if one motor on a quad fails, it crashes. The rule is that you must not fly within 30 metres of a building (or people). Many pilots mistakenly think the 30 metre zone around a building is a dome. It isn’t: it’s a cone, which means it doesn’t matter what altitude you’re at, you must stay 30 metres away. There are some other ‘interesting’ rules. For example, a licensed drone pilot (as I am) cannot fly for hire or profit under that licence unless they also have, or are working for, someone with an operator’s licence. BUT, an unlicensed pilot, or a licensed pilot, can apply to fly for hire under the ‘Exclusion’ rules if the drone is under 2kgs. This ‘Exclusion’ thing makes absolutely no sense to me and I have yet to find anyone who can explain the logic.

Reactions: Ansia
I actually knew about the condition for drone pilots requiring to work for an operator, which by the way, it's stupidly expensive to aquire. Hey, could always be worse.

I actually knew about the condition for drone pilots requiring to work for an operator, which by the way, it's stupidly expensive to aquire. Hey, could always be worse.
True. And probably will be in the future as delivery companies up the pressure for access to the 0-400ft airspace.

Playing with Waypoints off-line today (37kph wind outside), I find what appear to be inconsistencies, For example, obviously there is a limit on how far your furthest waypoint can be from take-off point, and when you exceed this you get an on-screen message telling you to adjust the program. However, if you keep the furthest point within a certain distance, you can back and fill to your heart’s content—or at least until the track becomes more confusing than a macrame puzzle—and get no warning. Because of the wind, I was unable to try the latter, and I suspect there could be an issue once the aircraft was connected. I can understand the idea of a furthest point limit, because of VLOS. But there really isn’t enough information about Waypoints in the manual or in any online video I have found. If anyone has found more detailed instructions, could they please point me to them.

Playing with Waypoints off-line today (37kph wind outside), I find what appear to be inconsistencies, For example, obviously there is a limit on how far your furthest waypoint can be from take-off point, and when you exceed this you get an on-screen message telling you to adjust the program. However, if you keep the furthest point within a certain distance, you can back and fill to your heart’s content—or at least until the track becomes more confusing than a macrame puzzle—and get no warning. Because of the wind, I was unable to try the latter, and I suspect there could be an issue once the aircraft was connected. I can understand the idea of a furthest point limit, because of VLOS. But there really isn’t enough information about Waypoints in the manual or in any online video I have found. If anyone has found more detailed instructions, could they please point me to them.
Have you turned the distance limit off in the flight control tab?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy