Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint and timelapse (hyperlapse) issues

Slugman

Reaction score
Hello:

I have 30 years experience shooting film time-lapse. I bought the EVO hoping to shoot "moving" time-lapse that they now call "hyperlapse".

The problem I was encountering was how to shoot a straight line of path and keep the speed as slow as possible and control the time-lapse intervals along with exposure control.

I have tried manually shooting moving images (trying to hold the joysticks during time-lapse). I have also let the EVO sit still and shoot in time-lapse mode.

No matter what I do..time-lapse is not giving me clean and stable images.

The last method was to use the "mission" mode. I tried a "straight line" way point and also the "rectangle" mode. I told the EVO to fly straight line at 2.2 mph time-lapse at 2fps. Also did not worry about exposure using auto. The play back of the .jpg images was shaky. I used stabilizing filters in premiere and it still looks really bad. I have emailed Autel about shooting professional time-lapse drone footage. They told me they are working on it. There is a lot of potential for imagery like this if it can be stable.

Just hoping for a solution. I will keep working on the SDK pack and other options to make this happen for us all.

Reactions: Dave.mp4
I think it’s a shame Autel doesn’t come out with a solution for quality time lapse.
The “Coming soon” message became a joke.
This excellent drone is flying great but without the extra option uses for this great camera, it became a toy for kids..
Come on Autel!!
I bought this drone for professional photography.
Dji Mavic 3 is here soon and you’re still dealing with fixing firmware updates.

I think it’s a shame Autel doesn’t come out with a solution for quality time lapse.
The “Coming soon” message became a joke.
This excellent drone is flying great but without the extra option uses for this great camera, it became a toy for kids..
Come on Autel!!
I bought this drone for professional photography.
Dji Mavic 3 is here soon and you’re still dealing with fixing firmware updates.
Strange, the Evo 1 does time lapse. You just have to stitch them together on pc.

Strange, the Evo 1 does time lapse. You just have to stitch them together on pc.
So how do you do it on Evo 1? Can you set a flight route plan at night for examle and automatically shoot a frame per second or 2?

So how do you do it on Evo 1? Can you set a flight route plan at night for examle and automatically shoot a frame per second or 2?
Correct. You can set the interval from 2 seconds up to 7 if not mistaken. Don't have the Evo with me to verify right now. Both waypoints and timelapse work even during snow, rain, or however the weather and time is. It's up to the pilot to decide if they want to fly or not.

Correct. You can set the interval from 2 seconds up to 7 if not mistaken. Don't have the Evo with me to verify right now. Both waypoints and timelapse work even during snow, rain, or however the weather and time is. It's up to the pilot to decide if they want to fly or not.
Waypoints refuses to work in low light or night time

EVO 1 does timelapse, but unfortunately not very well. I've done same as described above and have jumpy movement and does not stitch together smoothly in post.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain