Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Viewing Evo videos

Agabus

Reaction score
I have a Firefly 7s go-pro type camera that shoots 1080 at 60 fps. My pc views these videos with no problems. Any video out of the EVO creates an error that says..."Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." On a thumbdrive inserted into my laptop... they work fine. Desktop pc simply will not play them. Any ideas?

I have a Firefly 7s go-pro type camera that shoots 1080 at 60 fps. My pc views these videos with no problems. Any video out of the EVO creates an error that says..."Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." On a thumbdrive inserted into my laptop... they work fine. Desktop pc simply will not play them. Any ideas?
What setting do you have for compression when shooting video: H.264 or H.265? The latter is more efficient, but older machines may have trouble playing it back.

Reactions: YuKay
Bingo! Good call alekaras.

I had tried both 264 and 265 initially but did all test videos in 4K.

My pc will not run 4k...too old and not enough graphics I guess. But... the EVO had somehow defaulted back or I inadvertently selected 265.. and even 1080P would not work.

I reselected 264 a few minutes ago and YES... all 1080P videos will now play. Thank you for the suggestion. It was a case of too many tests earlier on without enough experience with the EVO. Now when viewing 4K I just play through my smart TV.

Reactions: alekaras

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy