Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video software

sunflower

Reaction score
I am a retired cinematographer in quarantine with plenty of time to learn new skills. I have never seen a drone and plan to buy EVO 2 PRO. Should be lots of fun. And useful for establishing shots and as a hand-held for cut-a-ways. I am using SONY VEGAS 11 for editing. No way 6K. What software do videographers use for these high resolution cameras?

Hello..

EVO I owner now, Had DJI’s and a Typhoon H.
This past January when Microsoft quit updates for windows 7, I built a new rig
AMD Ryzen 3700 with a G force RTX 2070
2 -1 TB SSD HD ( One HD dedicated for EVO Videos only )
32 GB RAM (2 16GB sticks)
2 32” Samsung screens
I have been using Pinnacle12-22 for the last 4-5 years but got tired of it crashing and slow Renderings.

I am learning DaVinci Resolve (ITS FREE !) ( Long Learning Curve, Thank GOD for Youtube ! )
It took me a while to get Pinnacle easy to use, so this will be the same.
I Like the processing speed of the new rig with DaVinci and the things it can do !

I really like how fast DaVince shows the video progressions in various window, Instant editing renders!

It might be the ticket for you if you have a lot of time !

The new programs are made to work faster with a fast Video Card than with a fast processor like in the past.
So the newer processors with the new Video Cards might be more important that the program you use.
I am waiting for this covid stuff to end and I hope to get a EVO II this summer.

JMHO because you asked !

Last edited:
Hello..

EVO I owner now, Had DJI’s and a Typhoon H.
This past January when Microsoft quit updates for windows 7, I built a new rig
AMD Ryzen 3700 with a G force RTX 2070
2 -1 TB SSD HD ( One HD dedicated for EVO Videos only )
32 GB RAM (2 16GB sticks)
2 32” Samsung screens
I have been using Pinnacle12-22 for the last 4-5 years but got tired of it crashing and slow Renderings.

I am learning DaVinci Resolve (ITS FREE !) ( Long Learning Curve, Thank GOD for Youtube ! )
It took me a while to get Pinnacle easy to use, so this will be the same.
I Like the processing speed of the new rig with DaVinci and the things it can do !
It might be the ticket for you if you have a lot of time !
The new programs are made to work faster with a fast Video Card than with a fast processor like in the past.
So the newer processors with the new Video Cards might be more important that the program you use.
I am waiting for this covid stuff to end and I hope to get a EVO II this summer.

JMHO because you asked !
Thanks. What resolutions do you import and render?

I agree. DaVinci Resolve.
Others are
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 for $20.99 a month.
Final Cut Pro X for Mac $300.

I agree. DaVinci Resolve.
Others are
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 for $20.99 a month.
Final Cut Pro X for Mac $300.
DaVinci looks good. I will explore. Thanks.
"[DaVinci] Ultra HD is 3840 pixels horizontal by 2160 pixels vertical. "EVO PRO is up to 5472 by 3076. So are EVO camera pixels blended or dropped to make the rendered smaller format?

Reactions: ebphoto
"[DaVinci] Ultra HD is 3840 pixels horizontal by 2160 pixels vertical. "EVO PRO is up to 5472 by 3076. So are EVO camera pixels blended or dropped to make the rendered smaller format?
Sorry, DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Taken from their website.
DaVinci Resolve Studio

Upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio for even more creative tools and options! You get a huge set of indispensable ResolveFX and FairlightFX plugins, along with support for 4K, 8K and higher resolution projects at frame rates up to 120 frames per second. You also get the new DaVinci Neural Engine which enables features such as facial recognition, speed warp retiming, automatic color balancing and automatic color matching. DaVinci Resolve Studio also adds film grain tools, advanced noise reduction, blur and mist effects, HDR grading, 10bit H.264 support, 3D immersive audio, stereoscopic 3D support, multi user collaboration tools and more!

Last edited:
Sorry, DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Taken from their website.
DaVinci Resolve Studio

Upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio for even more creative tools and options! You get a huge set of indispensable ResolveFX and FairlightFX plugins, along with support for 4K, 8K and higher resolution projects at frame rates up to 120 frames per second. You also get the new DaVinci Neural Engine which enables features such as facial recognition, speed warp retiming, automatic color balancing and automatic color matching. DaVinci Resolve Studio also adds film grain tools, advanced noise reduction, blur and mist effects, HDR grading, 10bit H.264 support, 3D immersive audio, stereoscopic 3D support, multi user collaboration tools and more!
DaVinci Resolve Studio for $299 is OK. I will study the free version while I wait for BH on the new EVO PROs.

Reactions: Tufargon
I'm by far no pro at editing. I was just going from what research i've done over time.
Sorry I wasn't more help.

I'm by far no pro at editing. I was just going from what research i've done over time.
Sorry I wasn't more help.
You were a big help. The learning curve is steep. I have done a lot of editing, film and video. The resolution of video is fantastic and exceeds what the eye can see. Or what can be screened. Thanks much!

Reactions: Tufargon
I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting for the Pro rugged bundle in the
UK from droneland.dk In Denmark, but I’ve never used a video editor before. Have stumped up for Lumafusion on Ipad Pro, as I use this all the time, and have been practicing on old videos. It seems great value considering what it can do, and I’m getting the hang of finding free luts, audio, and effects etc. I think the most difficult thing is gauging what looks best - some of the youtube vids look awfully bland to me ! Any advice ?

Thanks. What resolutions do you import and render?
Like Tufargon said...STUDIO version for 4K and up.
You need a very good video card to process that kind of video.

I am just learning DaVinci before I invest in the Studio version.
I can take the card from the EVO and play it on our 80" 4K tv and the footage is amazing!
Trouble is what to do with all the footage at 4K? (Or any of the videos)
I do this just for fun and no one really cares to watch/see the videos !

Like Tufargon said...STUDIO version for 4K and up.
You need a very good video card to process that kind of video.

I am just learning DaVinci before I invest in the Studio version.
I can take the card from the EVO and play it on our 80" 4K tv and the footage is amazing!
Trouble is what to do with all the footage at 4K? (Or any of the videos)
I do this just for fun and no one really cares to watch/see the videos !
I have i7 - 2600 [email protected] GHz 64 bit Win7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti . My computer is never online and dedicated only for editing.

DaVinci requires Win10 so I will stay with the devil I know and upgrade to Vegas Pro 17 on Win7 platform.

Export resolution depends on the artist and audience. My interest is post flexibility. Closeups benefit from digital zoom framing of raw high resolution.

Reactions: jcommstudios
I use Hitfilm Pro..they also have a full functional free version at their site called Hitfilm Express. The workflow is very similar to Final Cut Pro. The effects, transition and rendering packages are cool. I'm on an iMac, 5k, 27in, i5/3ghz, Radeon Pro 570X and it works great. I don't know what the requirements for PC are though. It's at the site:

Youtube also has great tutorials/examples for it also. Good luck.

I’m a total Newb to the drone thing and editing footage. I have found Resolve to be somewhat easy to learn. There’s so much to it though it’ll take a long time to master it. Still it’s fun & the best part is flying the drones! I have my private pilots license but cannot fly anymore due to severe back problems & pain medication so I’m grounded now! The drones give me back a little of that feeling of freedom in the air. With being able to see what the drone does is just awesome in my opinion. Anyway, try Resolve or Da Vinci Resolve I should say. I think you’ll enjoy it.
E

I’m a total Newb to the drone thing and editing footage. I have found Resolve to be somewhat easy to learn. There’s so much to it though it’ll take a long time to master it. Still it’s fun & the best part is flying the drones! I have my private pilots license but cannot fly anymore due to severe back problems & pain medication so I’m grounded now! The drones give me back a little of that feeling of freedom in the air. With being able to see what the drone does is just awesome in my opinion. Anyway, try Resolve or Da Vinci Resolve I should say. I think you’ll enjoy it.
E

In the old day we used film, 16mm for TV and 35mm for Hollywood. Documentaries benefited from high editing ratios of very expensive film. We thought video would never replace the quality of film. Boy were we wrong. The technology is moving so fast. Prosumer video formats were professional 10 years ago. For home FHD 1080p is adequate. Weddings production is DVD and/or Blu ray. TV production would require 4k. Sony Vegas was professional grade editing software 10+ years ago, especially for sound.

Davinci Resolve requires Win10. My computer is Win7. If I had a production contract I would buy a new maximum power Win10 computer. I am going to stay with Vegas because I know the buttons and levers. I need the drone for making test files and can do nothing more but wait for the EVO II Pro. I have never seen a drone.

Reactions: ebphoto
Does anyone have any experience using Corel videostudio ultimate? I'm a newbie to drones and video editing.

I've been using CyberLink PowerDirector for several years on 4K files (up to PD365 now). It's relatively easy to use and gets the job done quickly. I've edited 8K and 6K files through PD365 with a slight slow down but still quite useable. Using proxy files didn't seem to make any difference with these larger files. The image stabilization function isn't very good. I use DiVinci Resolve (free version) for that feature only. Maybe someday I'll spend the time to learn to make more use of it, but for now, PD365 works fine for general editing and simple color corrections.

This is a sample of some of the things you can do with Sony Vegas Pro 11 .....RISING SEA LEVELS
YouTube settings quality playback specify HD 1080p

Does anyone have any experience using Corel videostudio ultimate? I'm a newbie to drones and video editing.

This is a late reply to the question, but others may be interested....
The Corel VideoStudio 2020 version does support the Log format from the Evo II 8K and Pro, and does accept in H.265 codec. To support Log format, you need to import the appropriate LUT files from Autel and select it for each video segment.

I have the Evo II Pro and just did a test file with 6K video. Corel VS did 'seem' to accept the 6K file, but would only export to 4K image size...and the resulting 4K video had some digitization issues that rendered it not usable. I would then assume there is the same limitation with 8K video. When using 4K video with Corel VS, I haven't had any issues though. So, for now, looks like Corel VideoSuite may only be useful for 4K editing or less. That is fine with me for now, I don't have a need to use 6K.

To import the LUT and apply to a video segment, do the followng...
1) Download the LUT from Autel's web site: EVO II Downloads
Within Corel VideoStudio...
2) Move a video file to the Video editor strip
3) Right click on the video strip and select the upper menu option 'Open Options Panel'
4) Select the Color tab
5) Select the 'LUT Profile' button that is the last option on the left of the 'color' area.
6) Select the '+' (which shows Import LUT Profile)
7) Enter the LUT filename loaded from the Autel website.
8) Low look for the LUT file among the options that look like hot air balloons.

You will need to do steps 3, 4 & 8 for each video segment you have.

Blessings,

FWIW I rejected Corel 10+ years ago as not user friendly. I have upgraded to a powerful Win10 with a free download of DaVinci Resolve and The Beginner's Guide to DaVinci Resolve 16 (Amazon). This editing software has great color management.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm