Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Signal Interference

Drone_Newbie

Reaction score
My drone flies great but I get lots of Video Signal Interference and Video disconnects. I live on a 10-acre property in the country. There are power wires at the road and one that goes to my barn but I really don't think that is the problem. Any ideas?

The X-Star is a little different from comparable drones as it uses 900mhz instead of 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz for video transmission. So anything in that lower 900mhz band is going to effect it. Be sure to have the antennas up and parallel to each other. Try "aiming" the TX and keep in mind by yawing the bird the antennas are moving to... some positions will have more loss than others.

I believe they went with the 900mhz as it 'should' penetrate better.

Reactions: Drone_Newbie
The X-Star is a little different from comparable drones as it uses 900mhz instead of 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz for video transmission. So anything in that lower 900mhz band is going to effect it. Be sure to have the antennas up and parallel to each other. Try "aiming" the TX and keep in mind by yawing the bird the antennas are moving to... some positions will have more loss than others.

I believe they went with the 900mhz as it 'should' penetrate better.

I found that if I'm flying too close to metal objects this is exactly what happens to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr $panky
Antenna position is very important. It is covered in the manual and there is a Autel video on the topic.

Uggg. Seems like it's gotten worse since the firmware update. Just emailed this off to Autel. My pumpkin is really unusable at this point. I have pretty much the same result regardless of where I take it.

Audio & Video from my iPad:
Dropbox - BoddeckerDroneFlight.mp4

I'm having the same problem. The one thing I could count on was good receptions even If I couldn't control it as well as my P3S, now I have great panning and little to zero range.

UPDATE - - - - -

Support had me send in my drone for eval/repair. Here's the reply I received the other day:

I have received your unit into repair and reviewed the aircraft. I determined that the 900m video board is faulty and will be replaced. We always strive to provide the best possible resolution for you and in this case, the repair will be covered under warranty. Please continue through this invoice to confirm your shipping information; there will be no charge as this is warranty service. Please allow up to 14 days, from receipt, for the repair to be completed. I really appreciate your patience through this process. As a courtesy to our customers as of November 13, all units coming in for repair will be updated to latest firmware version 2.0.12.

In a followup email they also let me know that they've corrected the horizontal tilt issue I've had going on since the firmware update.

I'll report back once I get it back and can get it up in the air again.

THANKS Autel Support!

ed

Updating all the units, when the FW is still not stable????

I didn't start getting the constant voice message telling me there is "Video Interference" until after I updated the firmware. Now I hear it even before I take off! But it doesn't seem to affect the flying, so I just ignore it. I occasionally get some pixilation on my screen, particularly near the bottom but it goes away - repeatedly. But my video is unaffected so I can live with it. My distance has been improved by the upgrade, so I'm happier overall. :)

Tom the video interference is common when you are close to the quad. Most people get that. I know I do but once it is out 20-30 feet it should go away and mine does. Don't understand why you keep hearing the voice even flying further away. Only time you should here it is when you actually have video interference.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials