Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video playback apps are not created equal

BeeRAD56

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a no brainer for most on this board but it was a recent epiphany for me.

I've had the EVO since it was released, and while impressed with many aspects of the camera, I've found the video to be less that smooth, especially when yawing the aircraft. I haven't spent that much time with the EVO because I spend most of my time flying my Typhoon H but recently decided to get up to speed on the EVO and try to figure out the choppy, jerky, sometime pixelated video. Prior to my troubleshooting efforts this weekend, I was convinced that something was wrong with the camera. Talked to Autel CS and they suggested that I was using a non-compatible SD card which isn't the case. Turns out that Windows 10 defaults to a play back app called "Movies and TV" which works ok with the videos from my H shooting 4k, 30 fps but not 4k at 60 fps where I've set the EVO. Switched to Windows Media Player and discovered that EVO vids, thought previously to be virtually unwatchable, are nothing short of awesome! Smooth, crisp with beautiful color! I'm very happy about this discovery, as simple as it may seem, because I love the portability of the EVO and the excellent camera.

That said, I'm on the new firmware and have to lean my head to one side to level the horizon, but I'm a big Autel supporter after owning a X-Star Premium as my first drone, and I'm confident that Autel will get everything dialed in soon and the EVO will be one of, if not the best, consumer platform at this price point.

So you are on 1.3.3.17 and you have the horizon issue still? Thank God, I was begining to think I was the only one!! I had the bird at Autel to fix that as I was not plagued with the problem in it's original f/w and came back just as bad. You do know you can correct it before you hit record right? And of course you can in post too, don't want you walking the street with a head tilt.

So you are on 1.3.3.17 and you have the horizon issue still? Thank God, I was begining to think I was the only one!! I had the bird at Autel to fix that as I was not plagued with the problem in it's original f/w and came back just as bad. You do know you can correct it before you hit record right? And of course you can in post too, don't want you walking the street with a head tilt.
LOL! Thanks for your response. I'm am on 1.3.3.17 and the tilt is back. The previous version was much better. I've had the EVO since it was released and learned then how to correct it but, it's frustrating to have to.

Just an FYI for you guys...A representative from Autel has posted a survey on the "OFFICIAL Autel Robotics Owners" Facebook page regarding the tilt and everybody's satisfaction (or, in your guys' cases, dissatisfaction) of the tilt and the companies efforts to correct it!

[Autel Robotics] EVO Gimbal Horizon Satisfaction Survey

Maybe it might be useful if you made your opinion known there?
The more info they get, the better! And I am impressed that they even care enough to ask.

Just an FYI for you guys...A representative from Autel has posted a survey on the "OFFICIAL Autel Robotics Owners" Facebook page regarding the tilt and everybody's satisfaction (or, in your guys' cases, dissatisfaction) of the tilt and the companies efforts to correct it!

[Autel Robotics] EVO Gimbal Horizon Satisfaction Survey

Maybe it might be useful if you made your opinion known there?
The more info they get, the better! And I am impressed that they even care enough to ask.

It is good that Autel is moving on this issue, I unfortunately closed all my social media accounts after being bombarded with the "real" fake news during the presidential elections, not to mention being hacked on facebook. It's unfortunate that Autel doesn't take advantage of the forums to get feedback like (dare I say it) DJI does. I really urge all to respond to the survey, I do see a few people here are still having the issue and even though it's not critical, it is an annoyance to have to adjust something every time, that should be right from the get. Thanks to all that respond and hopefully to Autel for actually once and for all fixing this issue.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert