Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

V1 or V2 extended range antennas?

#1- Why should OcuSync 3+ be any worse than OcuSync 2, which has already proven itself over the last 3 years, and OcuSync 3 on the Air 2S is already measurably better than OcuSync 2? I am not looking for more out of OcuSync 3+, but Autel still has nothing even close to OcuSync of any version, and DJI's keeps getting better. Indeed, I do own, and am happy with, my workable aftermarket solution to the lousy stock range of the Evo 2 Pro, but I am still disappointed by the EVO 2 Pro taking 4 minutes to shoot each and every 360° pano, which defeats the benefit for me of any increase in flight time over the M2P, except where GEO is an issue. Mavic 3 will have no such problems, and will have a realistic 50% increase in flight time over the M2P, useable for an additional 360° pano every 60 seconds.

#2- My bad! Didn't realize I was dealing with an Aussie, and needed an international dictionary to understand his insults! He is the one who started this with his disparaging, personal, disrespectful "international" comment, which was totally uncalled for, and had he ever been on a Mavic forum, he would know that I have never had any issue to "whinge" about pertaining to any Mavic (and I own all of them!), and I am not about to start now with the Mavic 3.

#3- Maybe being disrespectful is just an Aussie thing that I am also supposed to understand and accept? Does disrespectful have a different definition in Australia?
Not meaning to be disrespectful, just pointing out that the majority of your posts here are complaining about the same thing over and over again.
I also disagree with you about evo 2 not being better than ocusync 1 nor being on par with occusync 2. I also own and operate the fleet of dji craft so am speaking from my experience. It differs from yours, but that doesnt make either of us wrong. Different operating environments i guess.
But now i realise how sensitive you are to criticism, ill not engage any further. Funny thing this internet….

Hello, guys.
Before I decide to make a purchase, I would like to hear your opinions about those antennas for my Smart controller V2 with the Enterprise. Where I live I have to much interference and can’t go further than 1k feet away with 200 agl. It is kind of expensive and Is it worth ? Does anyone have tried with the V2 Smart controller? Will it damage the internal parts of the SC and will consume more battery? I’m not an expert on it that’s why I’m asking those questions and I’ll appreciate your advices !
Be safe and flight safe ! 😎

Yesterday I got my Alientech dual 2 for my SC v2. Installed it today but didn’t have time to test it. So, hope works great!

Attachments

• AEC4AE86-51C3-4C86-9937-FC79E4C9E3D3.jpeg
    AEC4AE86-51C3-4C86-9937-FC79E4C9E3D3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • C85AEE22-92B0-422D-8579-DE86C1474F88.jpeg
    C85AEE22-92B0-422D-8579-DE86C1474F88.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 91E68FC9-7508-480E-91FD-832F42A1306A.jpeg
    91E68FC9-7508-480E-91FD-832F42A1306A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
These special AlienTech connectors for the SmartController V1/V2 arrived today, tested these with my AlienTech Pro 2.4 ghz with the SC V1.

Before I share the good news, first a big thank you Blair Air for providing the link. Thank you!

Originally tried the AlienTech Pro with my SC V1 with a different type of connecter setup. Using 2.4 ghz, did not see any improvement nor less. Apparently, when I first tried the AlienTech booster with my SC V1 it’s quite possible had a weak or bad connection. Well, Today let me share very so impressed the AlienTech Pro 2.4 ghz tremendously increased the signal with the SC V1.

Had a grin ear to ear during the flight, Compared with DJI soon to be released occusync 3 strongly feel it will not touch an Autel SmartController connected with an AlienTech. The AlienTech turned the Autel SmartController into a beast, without the AlienTech booster the stock SC V1 was already a winner now with the booster it’s in another galaxy a league of its own.

When mounted, the booster portion swivels for users preference. Looking forward to viewing others experiences when adding on the AlienTech booster to the SC V1/V2. Since my model is the AlienTech Pro model, only has 2.4 ghz. Had to manually select 2.4 ghz band, Sorry for the long post. Haven’t been this excited with a booster setup since adding the AlienTech to the stock Evo 2 controller, that was a major breakthrough and with the SC it’s even better much much better!

Paul

View attachment 12186

View attachment 12186
Hello 👋 I'm trying to follow along. I would have to purchase an Alientech PRO/DUO II + plug and play special connector? Or would I have to modify my Smart Controller? Thank you!

Hello 👋 I'm trying to follow along. I would have to purchase an Alientech PRO/DUO II + plug and play special connector? Or would I have to modify my Smart Controller? Thank you!
Hello DroneHex,

Replied to your PM, didn’t realize you had posted here as well. Okay, I see you’re needing information on SmartController not Stock controller.

In order to use the AlienTech booster on an Autel SmartController, Yes you’ll need an Autel SmartController Adapter Plug set for Autel SmartController V1 or V2. This connects between both SmartController and AlienTech booster, no mod but you may need to remove couple of nut fasteners or washers off the SmartController antenna connectors. I had to on mine, maybe others didn’t need too.

My PM back to you, Did recommend a dealer that carries both AlienTech boosters and this special set of SmartController connectors mounting between booster and SmartController.

Im using SmartController V1, AlienTech booster 2.4ghz and use 2.4ghz band with SmartController. I don’t use the Pro/DU so can’t comment with the Pro/DU.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Paul

Hi there. How do you reach the AlienTech website?
My computer has never reached their website even Google search comes up empty.
Any ideas? Anyone have a link? Would appreciate any help available. Thanks..............Dale.

Hi there. How do you reach the AlienTech website?
My computer has never reached their website even Google search comes up empty.
Any ideas? Anyone have a link? Would appreciate any help available. Thanks..............Dale.

Hello Dale,

Hope I don’t get in trouble, sent you a PM link to the dealer I order Alientech products from. If he doesn’t have it, he’ll have Alientech ship directly to your address. Better to deal with a distributor of AlienTech, this particular distributor is top notch.

Keep us posted,
Paul

I want to try those antennas just to know how it performs. How can I do that ? Which adapters should I use ? Any help will be appreciated 😎

Attachments

• 4573A7A9-5433-4473-A4E1-32604FB3A191.jpeg
    4573A7A9-5433-4473-A4E1-32604FB3A191.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • D16FDF82-5442-4A2C-978C-96347A137CAD.png
    D16FDF82-5442-4A2C-978C-96347A137CAD.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 144565B4-89F3-4101-AC49-8A53A2C9EE19.jpeg
    144565B4-89F3-4101-AC49-8A53A2C9EE19.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
I want to try those antennas just to know how it performs. How can I do that ? Which adapters should I use ? Any help will be appreciated 😎
Hello edgardcafe,

I actually tried that set similar to those you just attached on my SmartController V1, didn’t see an improvement and was a hassle trimming the ends of antennas so they would screw onto the treaded connectors.

Wasn’t worth the hassle, smartcontroller stock antennas are just fine.

Paul

Reactions: edgardcafe
Hello edgardcafe,

I actually tried that set on my SmartController V1, didn’t see an improvement and was a hassle trimming the ends of antennas so they would screw onto the treaded connectors.

Wasn’t worth the hassle, smartcontroller stock antennas are just fine.

Paul
Thank you to let me know, but which adapter did you use to fit on the SC ?

Thank you to let me know, but which adapter did you use to fit on the SC ?
No adapter needed, this set of antennas the pins are opposite. Can’t remember who posted a link to these, that’s how I ordered a set to experiment with. For me, really wasn’t worth the hassle especially had to trim the plastic ends so they would fit in the connector holes. Found stock SmartController antennas work fine, others may have experienced different I didn’t see an improvement.

I’ll attach a pic of the set I tried, note the pins are opposite of the picture you posted.

Happy Evo flying,
Paul4FDF5713-7DE0-43F0-A179-9B4A37CC059E.jpeg

No adapter needed, this set of antennas the pins are opposite. Can’t remember who posted a link to these, that’s how I ordered a set to experiment with. For me, really wasn’t worth the hassle especially had to trim the plastic ends so they would fit in the connector holes. Found stock SmartController antennas work fine, others may have experienced different I didn’t see an improvement.

I’ll attach a pic of the set I tried, note the pins are opposite of the picture you posted.

Happy Evo flying,
PaulView attachment 13183
I have those one as well and I did the exactly as you did (had to trimmed a little bit to fit on the SC) but the 4hawks plugs are different as I posted the pictures. I just want to test it.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I have those one as well and I did the exactly as you did (had to trimmed a little bit to fit on the SC) but the 4hawks plugs are different as I posted the pictures. I just want to test it.
Yes, that’s a tough one finding a set of attachments. I’m sure it’s out there, maybe someone will chime in and attach a link for a set of adaptors to connect your new experimental antennas to operate off Autel SmartController.

Best if luck to you!
Paul

I found these, they may work with the Raptor Hawks antennas you have. These have pins on both sides, if this link is sold out try and find another similar set on internet I think you’ll find what you’re needing.

Just looked at the site, they are still available and priced terrific!

Good luck!

Thank you ! I’m going to order it and try.
👍

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I've don't have a problem with Alientech. Their website comes up second on Google for me. The website is at this link: ALIENTECH

I have ordered from them twice and products have come fairly quickly despite their location in China.

Reactions: Dale EVO 2 V2

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy