Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Using the App Evo 2 . Screen freezes up for 2 to 20 sec

Thanks for the info about using just the controller as I never thought about that. I just flew again using my 10 inch Ipad from work and had no problems. Then I used my Note 9 phone with version 1.1.5.3 and it worked fine also. I used both for several minutes trying to duplicate the freezing issues when using the IPAD mini 4 . I am wondering if there is just some compatibility issue with the Mini4 and the EVO 2 as I use it all the time with the EVO 1 and Mavic 2.
I was also able to use the 10 inch IPAD today as my Liftthor finally arrived yesterday. They upgraded it from the first model which I use on the EVO 1 and I think the design is a lot better and sturdier.
The iPad Mini 4 uses the same processor as an iPhone 6. On top of that, when the iPad gets hot, it throttles the processor to protect itself. This in turn causes lag and crashes.

Thanks and I was wondering myself if that could be an issue. It has been over 100 degrees here almost every day and it did happen after using for a while out in the heat. Not much relief in sight from the heat till maybe next week. I will wait till then to try again when its a little cooler.

Is this on "Smooth" or "Detailed" ? On "Smooth" i never had any problems (well if i keep flying within range).

Ender
Thanks for the info! I changed mine from high def to smooth and that worked like a charm. Also there was an IOS update (today) that I was unaware of. I updated my devices and change the image transmission. It's working like it should...perfect!!

Thanks for the info! I changed mine from high def to smooth and that worked like a charm. Also there was an IOS update (today) that I was unaware of. I updated my devices and change the image transmission. It's working like it should...perfect!!
Great, i wondered why that did not come up here.
I am on Android and noticed that "Detailed" takes a huge chunk of CPU/GPU power so my older "dedicated for flying" Samsung S8 can not handle it without stuttering especially when getting hot but my newer Huawei P30 Pro id doing fine.
So thats why switching to "smooth" came to my mind as general solution if trouble arises...

Ender

Has there been a solution to this issue? I have flown my Autel Evo II Pro with an iPhone X, both with the latest firmware/software updates, as applicable, and have been getting the same issue. Specifically, the video transmission freezes, but the remote controller itself is still communicating with the drone. Sometimes I am able to disconnect the cable from the remote to the iPhone to restart the video transmission, but that is a dubious fix.

I had the freezing issue since May, thought phone was on its way out but newer phone with current Snapdragon 865 did the same. Ended up rolling back one version and disable auto-update. Lots of comments on GP store stating app freezing for Evo 1/2 and no fix from Autel since App was released May 26 2020.
Very poor form IMO.

I had the same thing...in fact it was bogging the phone down so much it would shut down and reboot.
When I plg in the usb cable an option screen pops up asking charge only-transfer files-transfer pictures. I was selecting transfer files.
I changed to transfer pictures, and shut OFF wifi.
No problems after that.
That was on a Huawei P20.
I just made the extension for my Samsung S6 so I have to try that next but I don't expect problems with the better processor.

Here's a test.....fly with only the RC....switch to the camera screen. If the video is smooth then its not a video transmission issue.
Make sure you have a top quality SD card in your phone/tablet, and try a top quality usb-a to usb-c cable....make sure it has a colored insert in the usb-a end of the cable, otherwise its more of a charging cable than a high speed data cable. That was a big issue with my DJI drones and upgrading the cables made a big difference.
4k and higher video needs high speed processing.
I noticed that when I was in tracking mode it was really bad. When switched to manual flight the problem immediately went away. That, to me, indicates a data transfer bottleneck.

Last edited:
If youre still having issues you might be having quite a bit of signal interference. This can cause the signal to jump channels within the 2.4ghz band and, thats what your might be seeing. My first question would be how far out are you? second is where are you flying? Congestion? I can usually help pretty well with the antennas that I sell on my store if this is the issues youre having.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy